Topic: Healthy Feedback - October 2009

Excerpt: Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge on the side effects of aspartame, as I have recently had some issues with this additive. Unfortunately, I have suffered from Cervical and Thoracic Dystonia for about 7 years, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety and a couple other mood disorders related to chronic pain... Continue Reading Healthy Feedback - October 2009 from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Healthy Feedback - October 2009

I love the case histories and experiences Dr. Hull puts on her newsletter. It seems that to hear from the real people using this stuff, it discredits the corporate big-wigs in starched suits trying to tell us it's safe, as they get in their limos and go to their club.

I believe the people using aspartame and reacting badly to it over any fat-cat telling me it's safe.

here here!

nash - what a great post. How can I top that one??

I drink so much diet soda it's amazing aspartame hasn't killed me yet.

I agree. Do you think you might feel and act differently if you stopped? Like, maybe your old self again?? Happier? Less quick to trigger? Sleep better, maybe? Have more energy?

Tagatose is a functional sweetener. It is a naturally occurring monosaccharide, specifically a hexose. It is often found in dairy products, and is very similar in texture to sucrose (table sugar) and is 92% as sweet, but with only 38% of the calories.

You have to be careful here; this is how the big corps justify the safety of the amino acids in aspartame and the chlorine in Splenda - yes, the components may be found in nature, but if you are extracting the sweetener from the dairy or whey, and directly putting it into a granular product or sweetener blend, you are not using a natural sweetener. You have a replica of the molecule in what you are eating, not the real food sweetener. And that may not be the same entity to the body, especially when used in larger amounts.

Actually it's from whey, discovered in 1981. But it has fertility issues that have been unresolved. Because of its texture, it is very synergistic with other sweeteners, but here we go again with the "sweetener blend" issue - too many sweeteners mixed together that are unnatural for the body.

If you want to use tagatose, then eat the foods it's found in, and leave the lab spin out of it!

wow what a nice post i get a lot of it.i think you have much knowledge about it.All the safeties that you have told i will keep in my mind.thanks

Great. You might enjoy reading more about this in some of my books.