Topic: Tips for Filling Your Gas Tank

Excerpt: With a background in environmental engineering, this article circulating on the Internet makes sense to me. It's good advice, especially in the hotter regions of the world. INTERESTING INFO ON FILLING YOUR GAS TANK I've been in the petroleum pipeline business for about 31 years, currently working for a company... Continue Reading Tips for Filling Your Gas Tank from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Tips for Filling Your Gas Tank

Practice what you preach, right?  Well, I've been keeping these tips in mind every time I fill-up. I have actually seen a difference in my gas mileage.

Actually most of those things have been proven to be myths and completly untrue.  For instance, the only way filling in the morning is a good idea, is if the tanks are above ground.  Check out snopes.com or just do a quick internet search.

Well, as a HAZMAT engineer , I do feel there is validity to these suggestions on being more cautious and prudent when filling a container in your car with a combustible liquid. I do take them seriously, and I also want to add that with the junk that snopes has published about aspartame - and don't get me started on the validity of aspartame toxicity - I have lost great respect for snopes. I no longer reference them for anything.

If you want the real deal - ask a truck driver transporting the gasoline the next time you see one filling the UST from their tanker trucks.