Topic: The Latest FAD - Dumping Diet Sweeteners

Excerpt: Have you heard? It's no longer cool to use the diet sweeteners. Don't you know?? I'm starting a new FAD, and I think that it will really catch on - dumping all the diet sweeteners. How uncool is drinking a diet cola?? Get with it - the new fad is... Continue Reading The Latest FAD - Dumping Diet Sweeteners from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: The Latest FAD - Dumping Diet Sweeteners

I am addicted to diet cola and have been for years.  I know I need to quit and when I read about others "just quitting" after reading your articles I am so envious.  I have tried and come so close at times.  I feel that I need something to replace it and I don't know what that should be.  Water gets so boring.  HELP!!

Amen to starting the FAD, I am doing my bit on this end to increase the popularity of the "new fad".
Dear SickandTired, have you considered setting yourself very short term goals? Try 1/2 hour goals. Tell yourself not to have a diet drink for the first 1/2 hour of the day, once you've reached that goal, pat yourself on the back and set another half hour, you could manage for half an hour so one more can be managed etc once that is reached praise yourself and carry on. Baby steps, that's the only way I gave up nicotine and have never looked back. It worked for me, try Redbush tea with honey instead, water can become so blah blah. Mail me if you need more encouragement, I'll be a shoulder! U can do it!!

Dr. Hull, With all this new knowledge of the effects of Aspartame how in the hell is it still legal for this drug to be added to our food supply. It seems reasonable that the pharmacutical companies that produce the medications to treat the symptoms of aspartame poisoning are probobly dirrectly responcible for allowing the drug to be in the foods we eat. How is it that this drug isnt outlawed if it is so poison? I guess that my real question is .....where is this seemingly endless supply of aspartame coming from, and who benefits the most from its use?

sickandtired - it is not uncommon to be addicted to the diet products for numerous reasons. One, if you have any history, or family history, of alcoholism or drug abuse, the methanol in aspartame will awaken those desires. Two, you may have a repressed eating disorder and fear your food. I apologize if I am off-base on either of these, but if they are hidden issues, you may now bring them to the surface to heal them and dispose of their control over you, once and for all.

Aspartame is addictive, but you can replace the nervous need to sip on a diet cola with drinking more water, yes, but also drink a variety of healthy drinks to help withdraw from the diet chemicals, such as ginger tea or Redbush tea (thank you coco), fresh juices on ice, a quality cup of coffee with  half & half or stevia. Alternate these choices throughout the day, and you should not be bored with just water.  Add peppermint flavored chlorophyll to your bottled water, and it's really good!  You won't get tired of that.

But as time goes on, you WILL feel better. You'll have more energy, sleep better, your skin will glow, you'll lose water weight, and have more energy. That's worth it!

observe, at first I was naive to accept the reality that our country has sold out, but obviously, this is the case with many issues...high gasoline prices, inflated credit card interest rates, low quality inoculations given much too early in life, and the diet sweetener mega $$$$ industry. It's the politics of greed, and the big corps are controlling it in our country.

Try this one on - Monsanto Chemical Company's first product in the early 1900s was saccharin. They sold it to the new Coca Cola Company. In the 1960s, Monsanto owned both saccharin AND NutraSweet. They have played this sweetener market from Day #1, and they net billions. Why voluntarily give that up?

You said it - they own the sweetener that causes all the health problems that they market new drugs for. So, they have consumers hooked for life.

That's the truth of it. Sad, but true. It's time to wake up before it's too late. We are becoming sicker and sicker, and the docs claim ignorance while they sign you up for another expensive MRI that shows nothing. Quite the scam, huh?

The early symptoms are caused when concentrated sugar passes too rapidly from the stomach into the intestine. The body dilutes this sugar mixture by bringing fluid from body tissues into the intestine, get complete information mcsa giving a sense of fullness, cramping, and occasionally, diarrhea. The loss of water from tissues can produce a temporary drop in blood pressure, with resulting weakness and faintness.

Diet sweeteners have no concentrated refined sugars - are you advocating diet sweeteners? Your post is unclear.