Topic: Having Trouble Sleeping - Did You Know?

Excerpt: Going to bed and getting up in the morning at the same time each day helps you sleep better. Keeping the bedroom environment comfortable and keeping the room temperature cozy and very dark at night can improve your sleep. You should avoid spending too much time in bed when you... Continue Reading Did You Know? - February 2010 from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Having Trouble Sleeping - Did You Know?

While that is helpful for those who work during the day, working at night is totally different. Any thoughts on that?

It is hard on the body when it stays awake during the night when the body naturally shuts down to sleep and repair. Do the best that you can to pretend day is night after you get off work. Make the room dark, make sure you go into a deep REM sleep, and offer your body the chance to repair and restore. It is harder on the body's natural clock when sleep doesn't happen during the night, but do your best to help the body "feel" that day is night for you.

As I look very much sleepy in the office hours too..  So its pretty much to me and fro me ,I guess.

Thanks for sharing ASMITH..
Informative one..

Arnold.

You are sleepy when at work? How much sleep do you get each night? How do you feel when you wake?

Hi,
    In having trouble in sleeping, environment also plays an important role in which you are sleeping. Also the key point is the time management that at what time you going to sleep and what you do in the entire day.

Thanks
Britt

Typically, all animals begin shutting down after sunset. Instinct rules here, and this is the time the body rests so it can repair itself and clean the body of wastes. It is good to maintain a routine because the human body is regimented and survives on routine. If you can begin "shutting down" at sunset, don't eat sugary foods or yeast after 6:00 PM, don't eat a large meal after 6:00 PM, and begin to relax and start winding your activity down, then your body will prime itself to drop into a deep sleep by 10:00 PM.

My, won't you feel rested the next morning?

i work late night , and get up late . . . and got dark circles .

Try drinking more water and take your vitamins. See if that helps.

hello,
its always good to sleep early and rise early but now a days when you don't finish your office work and the rest of things regarding to home and society, it just give you a weekend only to go for sleep. don't you think that this advise apply on those who have not much to run for their work?

hi theprez,
Yeah I agree on that. I'm a customer service representative and my work is night.
My time shift is 8 pm - 6 am. In the morning I couldn't get my good sleep because I know it is morning and it is not time to sleep.
Even my mind want to sleep but my body cannot.
any suggestion on that.

I run a restaurant and work is 24/7, but I make sure to keep organized and delegate the best I can because I DO take my personal time and that is the only way I can keep going. Just don't let yourself get behind and learn to say NO.

First start with how busy you life is and focus on how you can cut back on the things taking up most of your time. Organize them better, eliminate the minor issues taking up most of your time (it is more than you think), set a list for what must be completed by the end of the work day and then decide what needs to remain on that list and what you can really scratch off that list. Do your best to NOT carry tasks over from day to the next.

Don't micromanage, but allot tasks to others to get them off your plate. Set a goal to get to rest/bed earlier and discipline yourself to stick to that. Don't let your life or another's run you - you run your life.

If this isn't doable, then there's the first issue of concern to resolve. Take time to smell the roses - really!  Life is for living, so enjoy your work, enjoy making money, and enjoy relaxing, laughing, and play a little.

And try Holy Basil before bed - it really works.

alexander3321 wrote:

hello,
its always good to sleep early and rise early but now a days when you don't finish your office work and the rest of things regarding to home and society, it just give you a weekend only to go for sleep. don't you think that this advise apply on those who have not much to run for their work?

I am very much agree with Alexander that it is good to go sleep early and awake as early as possible in the morning. When you live your life in a proper schedule than you enjoy every time of life as you are in office and at the other hand when you are with your friends and able to perform your task with full of energy. Thanks for sharing such good discussion with us.

Last edited by Henry Ford (10-16-2010 12:40 am)

Very nice posts. Positive, uplifting, and spot on.

Hello,
Its really an informative post for me because i feel very sleepy most of time and i sleep for more then 11 hours daily.
I don't know why i feel so much sleepy.

Have a hair analysis done to show what toxins your body is burdened with. It really will give you some answers no one else knows to look for.

I agree, nash. MelissaF, go to http://www.hairanalysisprogram.com/ and read all about this testing. There is a reason why you are tired and sleepy, so instead of guessing why, let's see if we can get some real answers.

MelissaF wrote:

Hello,
Its really an informative post for me because i feel very sleepy most of time and i sleep for more then 11 hours daily.
I don't know why i feel so much sleepy.

11 hours?well,all i can say is i am not surprised.But in my case,it is because of the chronic tension headaches.they just do not go and make my head hurt all the time.That is why i sleep a lot.I do not think its ever gonna go completely but at least i am taking steps to lessen them a bit.

What steps are you taking?

Hello,
Do the best that you can to pretend day is night after you get off work. Make the room dark, make sure you go into a deep REM sleep, and offer your body the chance to repair and restore.....I know it is harder for you but just try it..

This is a very good suggestion.

How awesome your article is! Superb indeed. Keep up the great job and you will surely attract more readers.

Thanks. Many people work at night and it is hard on the body to sleep during the day when it should be absorbing sunlight and fresh air during the daytime.

Hey Thanks for this thread, really something i didn't knew earlier.