Topic: Significantly Reduces Alcohol Craving

Kudzu (Pueraria lobata) is a herb that is very famous because of its potential health benefits especially on alcoholism. Kudzu root extract has marked effect on alcohol withdrawal syndrome and significantly reduces alcohol craving and alcohol hangover.

Some clinical studies have also proven that kudzu has anti-angina benefits and is effective in reducing high blood pressure. Kudzu exhibits its valuable effects on migraine headaches, stiff neck, vertigo, and tinnitus. It is also recommended for allergies and GIT problems like diarrhea.

Re: Significantly Reduces Alcohol Craving

Isn't kudzu the vine that grows out of control along the highways in Louisiana? Isn't it a nightshade that is on steroids?? And this what you are recommending? Sounds kinda dangerous to me.

Some plants and herbs are an interesting nutritional entity - some are meant to be eaten by humans, but in moderation. We don't eat cinnamon, basil or oregano on a regular basis, and if we do, we ingest them in small amounts. So be careful when "using" a plant that you normally would not eat a lot of on a regular basis.

I would be cautious if you do not see wild animals snacking on the kudzu as a mainstay.

How interesting. I have never heard of this before. I wonder whether you can get addicted to this though? I find a hangover can almost always be avoided if you make sure you eat a hearty meal before drinking, and drink plenty of water before going to bed. In the morning I sometimes take something to neutralize the acids in my stomach. Well, and obviously not drinking that much in the first place!

I have found that the healthier I remain, and the more I stay detoxed that I cannot tolerate alcohol like I used to in my younger days. I seem to be affected by it quicker. And yes, eating before drinking is a good way to balance the alcohol better. Drinking in moderation is important to do as it is important to do anything in moderation.