Topic: The Aspartame Train - All Aboard?

Excerpt: There's a run-a-way train barreling down the track, and it's been heading in the wrong direction for over 20 years. It's the Aspartame Train, and if you have a ticket, I suggest that you get off at the next stop! This train runs on money, and there is no fuel... Continue Reading The Aspartame Train - All Aboard? from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: The Aspartame Train - All Aboard?

This article has put the fear of God into me, if it's not there already, that is.  If these toxins are not specified on the product, how on earth will we avoid ingesting it? If the manufacturers keep on making us sick, just to manufacture medication to make us well, we'll all die off eventually and they'll have no more customers anyway!(tongue in cheek). I can't believe they're all getting away with it! I jumped this train a long time ago and with it, the MSG cart as well.

I know, coco. Things ARE getting out of control, and this IS a runaway train. It just doesn't stop, and we ARE killing ourselves. The thing that makes me so sad is the children innocently eating and drinking this junk.

We are heading in the wrong direction, and at a rapid pace.

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007. I thought life was finally going to go my way. I lost 199 lbs in the last three years. One year after the surgery I started experiencing terrible bloating and gas that would put a skunk to shame. I called my weight loss doctor and was told that I was probably drinking to much soda and as for the smell, I could take an internal deodorant. None of this worked. I lived with this problem for another year. I recently had to have some surgery and while in the hospital was feed intervenously. I felt great the only problem was that my blood pressure dropped and my white blood cell count dropped dangerously low. None of this could be explained by my physician. Once I was allowed to eat again, I of course went back to eating sugarfree products again and started feeling terrible. I went on for another month, and decided to research the possiblity of toxic posioning from the sugarfree products on the market. I was surprised once I started researching. I realized from the list of side effects what was wrong with me in a matter of minutes, and doctors all keep telling me it was just normal because of the weightloss surgery. I have been off of the sugarfree products for a week now and am feeling better every day. I was a label reader because of my weightloss surgery, now I read the labels for a new danger. I am making an appointment for a hair analysis so I can have some kind of documentation. I have started finding alternatives to all sugars, honey and stevia are my sweetners. I have to watch what I eat and drink much closer now, but at least I found the problem early before I had a more severe or deadly reaction.

Donna,

I banned Icy.Phoenix1, to whom your reply was intended. What a jerk. I am sorry that I did not axe him sooner than I did.

I cannot believe how utterly #@*&# some people can be. He, she, or it is now banned.

Hello kind readers,

I would like to say that a forum member had previously posted some good arguments backed up by scientific studies related to aspartame being safe. The member however was slightly rude, although he made a valid point and these arguments have been removed from the forum.

A forum which does not support both sides of the story and wishes to eliminate any knowledge contradicting their point does not fit the golden standards of academic knowledge.

Yours truly,

Dr. Steinberg

Thank you for your comment, but I respectfully disagree. This is not a debate forum, and it is not the place for someone to post rude and degrading comments when people are seeking answers, searching for the truth and information concerning the dangers of aspartame. There is NO golden standard of academic knowledge to defend aspartame safety, PERIOD. His points were not valid if you have researched aspartame thoroughly. His post was anything BUT golden, and definitely NOT academic.

People who have been adversely affected by aspartame are searching for answers that have not been provided to them; particularly from the medical field. They have been told their chronic illnesses are from stress or are self-induced because the majority of the AMA is clueless concerning aspartame toxicity. People are seeking a comfortable and safe environment in which to be vulnerable concerning their lack of knowledge. They do not want a debate - they get that from their doctors. I did not set this forum up for those who wish to pick a fight and embarrass people.

I happen to be one of those former aspartame victims who got NO help from the AMA. I have no patience for negativity concerning this topic, and it would be nice if people would take their desire to be confrontational about aspartame and turn that toward being constructive and positive. Maybe they would learn something.

So, again, this is not a debate forum, and anyone choosing to look for a debate will be banned from my forum. Anyone telling me or any of my members that aspartame is safe will be banned.

Thank you for your reply Dr Hull,

if this is a forum to enlighten people on the dangers of aspartame, wouldn't it be of benefit to post references to scientific journal articles showing these harmful side effects so that the readers can become more educated on the topic ?

To quote this sentence: "There is NO golden standard of academic knowledge to defend aspartame safety, PERIOD." I will have to disagree with all due respect. In other words, I am right, despite any contradicting knowledge. It is much better to show how the person is wrong, by providing evidence. If one side of the story has overwhelming evidence supporting it, then 90% of people will take that side, and that is more than one can hope for.

And I do not wish to disregard your intents for this website, as you created it for your purpose, I just hope to have more concrete evidence as I am very interested in the topic myself.

Thank you,

Dr Steinberg

Last edited by Dr Steinberg (03-29-2010 11:24 pm)

There are numerous references to the research, complete research reports in PDF format, all over my sites, within my books, and in the Healthy Newsletter archives and within this Forum.

Let me walk you through it:

Go here - http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/index.php

Then go Archive By Topic - http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/archive-topic.php

Click Main Articles  - http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/main_articles/
You can scroll down the page to view ALL the articles I have provided with the research, or...

Put aspartame research in the Search Bar - and you get this page with the research articles - http://www.google.com/custom?domains=ww … &hl=en

Or, you can read my books that receive the information without a shadow of doubt.

hello i am new in this forum. I would like to say that a forum member had previously posted some good arguments backed up by scientific studies related to aspartame being safe.i inform you about air conditioner company.......
heating repair

Last edited by stephin (10-15-2010 5:56 am)

No one will ever convince me aspartame is safe. EVER.

if this is a forum to enlighten people on the dangers of aspartame, wouldn't it be of benefit to post references to scientific journal articles showing these harmful side effects so that the readers can become more educated on the topic ?
heating repair

Last edited by stephin (10-15-2010 5:56 am)

stephin - drinking a diet cola, are you? Start here: http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/050 … search.php

If you can't figure this research out, then you get the boot and I push the ban button.

Does this dude work for a pharmaceutical company or something? Push the ban button. After my personal experience with aspartame poisoning, I resent his attitude. It's like he's telling all the people who know these diet sweeteners have harmed them are wrong. That's the problem today- people have no compassion and are so closed minded. Ban, ban, ban him.