Topic: Liquid Protein

How about this Liquid Protein Diet,take 2 Tblsps at night before bed they say you lose weight. Was wondering is it safe?

Re: Liquid Protein

I am not a fan of any gimmick diets - the best way to lose weight is to eat all natural foods, eat smaller portions more often throughout the day - it's like animals graze. Tiny bites more often.

Then drink water as your main fluid, detox (many people lose weight when they detox), exercise regularly (even if just walking the dog every night), and take some quality vitamins to help boost your body's immune system and metabolism.

Avoid anything unnatural. A good rule of thumb: if the other animals in nature don't do it, then don't do it!

You are absolutely right. All diets should be a full-spectrum selection of the food groups for the body to pick from like a cafeteria line. The key is to detox whatever is causing false weight, like yeast does, and to eat a balanced selection of foods in smaller portions and more often. Our bodies were meant to rehydrate with water and natural fluids.

Welcome to the Forum.

I lost weight when I detoxed and I continue to lose weight on the yeast cleanse. I think that when you're healthy, you are at a good weight for your body and don't have to worry about it.

Candida is notorious for adding the mid-section gut weight. Many people write me and tell me they lost 7-8 pounds the first week they detoxed. It's what I call false weight - it's the bad fats and oils, the chemicals, the insulin production from diet sweeteners that never get burned up that add weight. Diet sweeteners have been proven to cause weight gain, and processed foods and junk foods cause weight gain. Detoxing and eating smaller portions more often throughout the day, plus drinkings enough water every day will drop weight and keep it off.

Thanks. Stick with us. We always appreciate great input.

Whey protein is an excellent protein choice for individuals of all ages who value the role of a healthy diet in helping to maintain and improve their health.We need less total protein that you might think. But we could all benefit from getting more protein from better food sources.

NOW has a good Whey Protein powder called Lean Gro. It's great for a morning smoothie or a mid-day smoothie snack.

Many people find that a liquid protein diet is a good way to begin a diet regimen and get off to a good start. It is necessary to begin learning how to eat nutritious meals without the need for a liquid protein diet. That is one of the problems with this type of diet.

I agree - all the way around a balanced diet is the best, and most natural, way to feed your body.

Researching your body type helps, also, because eating the foods that are right for your "type" creates more energy and weight loss. Checking your pH regularly, too, is a good way to know which foods you need more or less of. Gimmicky diets are not healthy and they seldom ever work.

Well, something like this can also put a weakened body into shock. If toxins are present, they can get stirred up, so knowing how to detox them will be important to do at the same time. But, if the person is healthy and knows their body, and if they monitor their body pH while doing a program like this, it can help the body flush out fats and excess weight. It can also clean the liver and colon, too. So, it's not a bad program, just an advanced type of program.

The average consumer simply seeking weight loss needs to really know how the body works before trying something like this.

I suggest having a homeopath or nutritionist monitor you as you do this. But, eating smaller portions at one sitting, eating more raw and natural food selections, and drinking more liquids are good once fully aware of what you're doing and what may result.

I've started replacing either breakfast or dinner with a liquid protein smoothie, and I have noticed that I feel better, I have lost weight, and I get my vitamins in daily when I do this. I put the NOW Lean Gro powdered whey protein in it, flax seeds, fresh fruit, and coconut. But, I do eat at least one good meal every day.

This works well for many people. Especially for those on the go, the kids before school when they have no time to eat a good breakfast, for those that are hypoglycemic, and for people wanting to lose weight.

I agree, but always make sure the protein supplement has at least 8 amino acids - less than that is unnatural and can harm the body.

Thank you for your post.

What if you are lactose whats best protein  powder or supplement?

I have found NOW LeanGro from whey protein is the best.

Yes, LeanGro by NOW from whey is an excellent choice. Mix with juice.

If you are not getting enough food sources for the bone nutrients, consider taking a pure silica supplement.

ProSource No Carb Liquid Protien is a Collagen and Whey High Protein Supplement. It is a clear-cut amber color and acceptable tasting. It pours easily, therefore, no pre-mixing is appropriate and it will not stain linens or clothing.

Thanks for the recommendation. I love my protein smoothie every morning. It's a great way to get those healthy amino acids in your daily diet.