Topic: Healthy Recipes - March 2010

Excerpt: Healthy Recipes from Dr. Hull's Health Forum. Posted by jaycmiller: Quick and Easy Salad. This is something that I greatly enjoy and can be modified to fit any of the blood type diets. You can prepare as much as you want and store in the refrigerator in a glass container... Continue Reading Healthy Recipes - April 2010 from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Healthy Recipes - March 2010

yes i agree your Healthy Recipes from Dr. Hull's Health Forum.Our recipes this month will show you that you can use nuts in dishes other than desserts and sweets.heating repair

Last edited by stephin (10-15-2010 5:57 am)

What are they?

I usually make a little jasmine rice in mine. I found that, apart from making so well cooked white rice in the cooker. I usually cook the rice and fry it. or take lettus rappers and put a thin layer of rice and vegetables or chicken and wrap ect.

Now that sounds great!

Thanks for sharing the healthy recipes. I am very much agree with your Healthy Recipes. Dr. Hull's Health Forum is really a great platform for discussion the healthy recipes. Most of time i would like to have desserts and sweets so thanks again for the recipes.

Thank you, Henry. You know, humans have been eating sweet foods for 10,000 years....only over the past 50 years or so since the manufacturing of foodstuffs and refined sugar and flour came on the market after WWII have human beings suffered with such epidemic health problems. Doesn't that say something???

Mmm that sounds delish.  I'm going to try making that tonight.  A couple of points.

1.  Can I get away with cooking the spinach just a little as I really have a problem with raw spinach (think it's the texture - just makes me shiver when I'm chewing it)

2.  I've heard brown rice is better for you.  I'm assuming you loose none of the taste by subbing that in for the white rice?

3.  One final tweak.  I think I'm going to go with cashew nuts as I can't stand walnuts (think that's from having a walnut tree at the bottom of the garden as a kid and my mum always sprinkling everything in walnuts!)  :-)

Thanks for another great recipe.  I'm so glad I found this site as I seriously need to loose some weight but still want to eat some good/tasty food at the same time.

Cheers

Spinach drink is very healthy drink.This green drink is gorgeous with benefits. Have anyone tasted it?

kevitj5rwh - great modifications. Yes, brown rice is a complex carb as opposed to a refined simple carb; the white rice started off as brown rice but was refined to salvage profits and to extend shelf life; always go with brown over white.

Blanching the spinach a little to help it go down better is also fine. Just don't cook it to death, as you already know that removes its nutrients.

I didn't have a walnut tree around, but I also don't like walnuts as much as I do pecans or almonds. In Texas, we have pecan trees everywhere, and roasted pecans are so good.

Yep, your substitutions are perfect.

Alba66peach - good suggestion: making a homemade "V8" juice is a great idea anytime, and adding spinach makes it all the better.

Mmm I love jasmine rice! Enhances any dish smile

Two Healthy Recipes of 2010.   

1.Aloo and gobhi, a combination old who is one of my favorites too. I made a pulao use it just for fun, and it proved to be an invention in itself.

2.Aloo Methi and made-for-each-other, whatever form they are ripe. Tofu, become even more interesting! Although the greek hay is an ideal combination, you can also replace it with another green as the change Palak. I have not cooked filling in this recipe, but if you prefer, you can saute vegetables in oil and then add the other ingredients. However, be careful not to add mango powder, and saut

Last edited by cherylfoster (01-05-2011 4:41 pm)

Oh, my goodness! This is exquisite!I love it! Ummm... now you have to make something for me. ;-))))) Please! ;-))))

There are so many wonderful natural foods and spices nature provides for animals to eat and for humans to enjoy, but we forget about them because our pre-packaged foods have made us too focused on grocery store conveniences. Adding this and that to a homemade dish is what humans are supposed to be doing - we did this in the olden days. Nature is a food market providing a plethora of free food, if we only would go back to that. In modern times, I fear those old ways are now rare, and many cultures may never return to that natural balance because of corporate farming and technology.

Keep these suggestions coming, guys and gals - they are golden.