Topic: Hair Analysis

I would like to know if coloring/bleaching your hair interferes withthe ability of the test to detect toxins.  I wouldn't want to spend the money on the hair test to find out later it isn't accurate because I bleach/color my hair.

Re: Hair Analysis

Many people are concerned about the chemicals used in hair treatments showing false toxic results when having a hair analysis performed. There are several ways around this:
1) Submit pubic hair - and cut it; you don't have to pull it out - ouch!
2) Our lab asks if hair treatments have been used, specifically if the hair has been permed, dyed or bleached. They take into account the common metals used in hair treatments.
3) If you submit head hair when chemicals treatments are used and the metals commonly used in these various products show high on your hair analysis, then it is an indication that you might want to change to a product that is more natural and uses less toxic chemicals. So, the hair analysis may tell you things you never thought about before.
4) The hair analysis will show accurate levels of the essential nutirents within you, such as calcium and zinc, so if you are depleted in any minerals, this is information that is good to know whether you treat you hair or not.

I was just wondering if it would be better to submit a head hair sample that has some new regrowth on it in addition to the chemically treated part.  I thought of growing my hair out a month just to get a good sample; it's very short now. 

I am really enjoying the detox book and am patiently waiting for my french green clay to arrive to continue my detox program.

Jennifer

Pubic hair is a pure sample that will show toxins as they really are inside your body, yet pubic is more concentrated than head hair because it grows much slower. Both sample types are just fine to submit, but the head hair is what the lab prefers.

I think that a  sample from your head will work just fine, and, if the toxins commonly used in hair treatments, such as nickle and tin, are spiked on the results, then you will know to change product brands. There are some good quality salon brands, such as Pureology and Matrix, that are low in the nasty chemical fillers.

We have created a nice video tutorial for people wanting to know more about submitting your hair for Dr. Hull's Hair Analysis service:

http://www.hairanalysisprogram.com/faqs … r-hair.php

- Andy

We are working on more tutorials, too. Detoxing and good health programs are so important, and learning about the various ways to detox, about the vitamins you need to maintain health, and how to live a healthier lifestyle in a polluted world are all a continuing education. It never stops - learning never stops.

We are doing all we can to keep this education process going.......

Hello! Can anybody tell me where I can find a complete list of products that contain Aspartame? Also: Some of my food packages say: artificial flavors. Does that mean it could be Aspartame? I`ve ingested a LOT of Aspartame over the past few years.(without realizing it!) My symptons are unbelievable! Every doctor I`ve been to can`t find any answers. I definately plan to detox, but I`d feel better knowing ALL the foods that contain Aspartame. Then maybe I can figure out how much damage has been done. I appreciate ANY and ALL input.THANKS!  Melissa.

Hey Melissa,

I think the list is constantly ongoing so its hard to capture an accurate list. I don't think artificial flavoring is Aspartame, but most sugarfree products do contain Aspartame. The best solution in my opinion is to actually read all the labels of the products you consume.

Best,

- Andy

I agree - we must take the time to read ALL the labels on ALL the products we buy. Even if you have been purchasing the same products for years, always glance at the labels because products that once never had these nasty chemicals in them, like aspartame, are now adding them. It's a MAJOR good-ole-boy thing.

Artificial flavoring is commonly MSG, and the word "artificial" is your best clue that whatever they are using is NOT real or natural. Avoid ALL artificial chemicals at all costs.

hello my dear friends there is very interesting topic about our hairstyle.instead it is for boy and girl everyone has their own way to produce frond of this world and as you all know that the personality of person should depend upon their dressing sense,their way of talking and most imp thing their hairstyle so be concentrate on your hairstyle.
keep rocking this world.

And.....?

FriendyAnil - your recipes were good, but I am kinda lost at this post...what are you referring to?

Hair analysis can refer to forensic techniques to evaluate the various properties of the hair to determine if they have a common source, for example, by comparing the hair found at the crime scene hair taken from a suspect. Hair samples are increasingly used to detect illicit drugs, as well as public employers and private employees test. Advantages of hair analysis are non-invasive, low cost and ability to measure multiple, potentially interacting, toxic and biologically essential elements.

If you want to determine if your well or tap water is polluted, you have a water test performed, right?If you're conduct for oil, you accept a clay assay done. So, it is with the human body. If you wish to apperceive if toxins are aural your tissues, accept a hair assay performed. Most traditional medical doctors do not know how to interpret a hair analysis, and therefore, discount them as an important tool in natural wellness.

I agree. Most traditional doctors do not know how to use the hair analysis, but boy, they are great health tools for taking a look inside of the body. The hair analysis shows so much!

Hair analysis will be useless after you have treated your hair.

Also - most traditional doctors will not use hair analysis because they are aware of the severe innacuracy with hair analysis.

Ivan, you really need to do some homework.  What you say is really wrong.  If you read the form for getting the hair analysis done you will state that the hair has been treated and also what you use for a shampoo.  One reason that most (not all) traditional doctors don’t use this tool is lack of education.  It is not that they are not smart they have just not been educated in the use of some very practical tools.  I have had four analysis done and they each show a change from one to the next as to what is going in my body, starting with a very heavy load of metals.

If you have ever seen any shows on TV involving an autopsy (not the
CSI shows, although I love them) you probably have seen them using the hair analysis results in their decisions as to why the individual died.

I mean you no disrespect but you really need to educate yourself because the doctors will most likely not come to your aid if you have some unusual maladies and do stay away from any and all artificial sweeteners.

PatB

Ivan - many "traditional" doctors know nothing of real nutrition and do not know how to interpret a hair analysis. Too many doctors are merely experts at filling out a prescription pad these days. When you run across a true healing doctor who keeps an open mind and has the excitement of improving his knowledge and helping his patients be free of illness, then hang on to that doc.

PatB, you have benefited from the hair analysis and you have obviously evolved into more knowledge because of it. YOU will continue to become a higher human being - Ivan, I think you're stuck in a rut.

AustinScott - you know what you're talking about; use the pubic sample if the chemicals on the head hair are polluting the results. But, that said - don't use chemicals on your hair if they are too toxic for a hair analysis, and sometimes, it's good to know if the hair products are accumulating toxins. So processed head hair has a value when doing a hair analysis.

If shaving the pubic area causes a rash or discomfort, DON'T get on a medication to resolve this - STOP SHAVING THE PUBIC AREA. IT'S THAT'S SIMPLE, GUYS.

I did two hair analyses when I had mine done - one with my head hair that I have colored for decades, and one pubic sample. Dr. Hull compared them, and indeed, by OTC hair product was full of chemicals. So, I switched to a salon brand (Matrix), and that isn't as toxic. This was good to know, and info that has prevented future problems.

The pubic sample then showed me the toxins that were not related to the hair dye. So, I came out with so much info to readjust my diet that I no longer have ANY of the health symptoms I used to wake up with.

Don't pay attention to anyone who can't figure this one out - the hair analysis rocks!

Why do I have my replies deleted? They should prompt educated discussion and are completely un-offensive....

I think all of us here are interested in free speech (it's what an open mind is all about) and we are all able to make intelligent decisions as well as have an ability to accommodate difference in opinion.

Last edited by Ivan (12-07-2011 2:12 am)

PatB - What have tried to explain in between having my posts deleted is that I am a doctor and have researched hair mineral analysis for 13 years and consulted on it in 5 different countries - the cool stuff you mention on hair analysis is the type of work I have done - so I do know what I'm talking about and not from watching TV. My wife undertakes Chinese traditional medicine and my sister in law in a practicing naturopath - so i have a pretty good all-encompassing view on traditional, alternative and modern medicine.
Anyways I’ve worked on sooo many aspects of hair analysis, from ice men to Peruvian and Egyptian mummies, smelter employees, poisonings, etc etc etc etc and all the fundamental aspects of hair analysis and what it means. I spend up to $32,000 US a day performing these analyses to prove what hair analysis can be used for. I can tell you in my experience I could never assess the health status of an individual based on mineral analysis.

Ivan, I am surprised you see no value in applying the hair analysis to living hair follicles. Elements leave their footprint in the hair follicle - living or dead. Actually, your Ice Man and mummies were alive at one point. So, does the hair analysis only work AFTER they are dead? This is illogical to me. But enough on this.  We have offered you good information based on our personal experiences and documentation, but it appears that this forum is not for you, I don't believe.

I think you are wasting your $32,000 a day if you aren't getting the results out of your testing. Why do you keep spending that if you're not getting anywhere?

Sorry Ivan - good luck elsewhere. The door's closed on this discussion thread.

Ivan, your stories don't match - now you say you are a researcher or doctor using the hair analysis costing $32,000 a day??? And you haven't figured out how to apply that to a living organism? Dude - your stories don't match. What are you playing at. All I know is you have wasted my time in replies.

Last edited by nash (12-09-2011 7:30 pm)

nash - Ivan's off to tend to his Ice Man. Discussions can be debated, but not to this point. I respect a good debate, but I want this forum to have positive and uplifting information to share. When people come on and bash me or my work, I have little patience for that. Ivan had some good questions, initially, but then he went way off in the wrong direction. PatB spent a lot of time guiding him to hair analysis information and research because he said he knew little about hair analysis benefits on human health and appeared to have no background. Then he writes that he is a doctor and uses the hair tests for archeology? Very odd. I banned him to stop this thread.

Good. Thanks.