Topic: toxins in hair analysis

I havn't been able to find the answer to this question yet- but maybe i missed it, so i'll ask anyway...
If I have toxins in my body such as aspartame or msg, what will they show up as in a hair analysis? does it show differently in each person's hair, or is there a classic sign for each specific toxin? I mean, they don't just show up as "aspartame" or "msg" on the lab report right? thanks!

Re: toxins in hair analysis

That is right. They never leave the body, so they do not excrete into the hair. Their by-products deposit in the body organs and tissues. This is one of the many reasons aspartame and MSG, both brain toxins, are so very toxic. They remain in the body.

I can tell from the hair analysis results if aspartame is affecting the body by health history, the level of other toxins present, and the nutrient levels. Typically, aspartame adversely affects digestion and assimilation of nutrients, and that shows in the hair. Aspartame and a chemical diet also rob the body of essential nutrients, and that shows in the hair. So to a skilled interpreter, aspartame effects do show in the hair, but show as the results of the cause.

Ok, that makes sense! I have had a clean, organic, mostly fresh foods diet for a little over a year now, and am feeling much better than i was before it. The improvements continued, until recently, where I feel like I sort of hit a wall! I'm not getting worse, but i'm also not getting better- so I probably need to detox to finish off those remaining symptoms. I think I will be getting a hair analysis from you soon! See if we can't get rid of my Grave's disease too! thank you!

Hair is an active tissue in the body, the state of which is affected by many factors including hormones, the blood, perspiration, the environment and genetics. Our hair represents the condition of our bodies at a cellular level and gives a picture of what is being stored in the body. For example, if lead is high in the hair, one would expect to find a higher concentration of lead in organs like the kidney and liver. Hair analysis testing is deemed by some as a means of determining the levels of heavy metals and poisons in the hair sample as well as minerals and other trace elements.

traceyryan - read a copy of my book Sweet Poison; you'll think you are reading about yourself. I have helped many people, male and female, get rid of their Grave's Disease by removing aspartame.

dorothycoughlan - nice post. I am a true believer in the hair analysis. If they depend on it so much for forensic testing to determine mysterious causes of death, it surely works for the living!

Never question the validity of Dr. Hull's hair analysis; she is really good at it, and they are awesome to have done. It's a real cool thing for everyone to do.

Thanks, nash.

You're worth it!

PS: How often should we do a hair analysis? Once a year?

If you have had health issues in the past, yes. But if your health is good, then every three or four years is a good time span to check for any unknowns that may have accumulated inside of your body, or to check to see if your nutrient needs are in balance. That will change over time.

If you are thinking about getting pregnant, it is a really good idea to have one done before pregnancy. This sweeps out any toxins and also makes sure your nutrient levels are ready to go to grow a baby.

You must have remembered that I am thinking about starting a family. Okie dokie then. I'll get another hair analysis so I can be 100% before pregnancy. Thanks!

Thanks for all your advice everyone!

Dr.Hull- I know I see a lot of similarities, when I was reading about your grave's disease in your Detox Program Guide, but I would definately like to read Sweet Poison too! I can especially relate to having bunch of doctors telling me to take radiocative iodine! I don't want radioactive anything! I had these symptoms for years, and they just kept telling me that I just have anxiety! It wasn't until I was really, really sick that they figured it out! I've lost a lot of respect for modern medicine because of that- not sure I can really trust their judgement. And now, they are acting like my thyroid is the problem, but natural health doc.s, like you, always tell me that it is only a symptom of a deeper problem. And the funny thing is that the natural stuff doesn't have the crazy side effects like the pharmacy stuff! I'll go for natural alternatives, over modern meds, any day!

Aspartame isn't the cause of every illness or case of Grave's Disease, but if aspartame is being used and Grave's or other health issue arise, it is definitely the first, easiest and cheapest way to see if it IS INDEED the cause. By simply removing diet chemicals forever, detoxing, restoring the nutrients a chemical diet robs from your body - you will be able to tell within weeks if it IS the cause. No doctor's visits, no expensive medical tests, no expensive medications to make things even more toxic, no band-aides, no unanswered questions, no guessing, no fear, no ......well, you get the point!

Keep us posted on your progress. Good for you, girl!!

For sure- I will let you know!
So, I am ready to send my hair sample (gave all my info online), do you send a collection kit, or should I just stick it in a bag? And, I have very long hair, so I assume you are talking about width rather than length when you say a tablespoon size sample. Will you be analyzing the entire strand, to compare the then and now, or just the root? I am curious if i have been able to get rid of any past toxins with my new healthy diet!

Tracey, I do have your submission form, so go to this link http://www.hairanalysisprogram.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page for the video on how to cut and submit your hair. We put it on the site to make it easy for you, but a lot of people miss it. Maybe we should put it higher up.

Mary, if you are reading this, we are waiting for Vince's hair sample, too. I am ready to dig into his profile!

Yes, I saw the video, but it didn't answer my questions... however, I later found the "hair submit instructions" page, which did! This one: http://www.hairanalysisprogram.com/orde … ctions.php
I think there should be a link to it along with the video link in the confirmation email, although it is one of the links listed on the video page. I just think it was more helpful than the video! Anyway, thanks!

Great - I'll pass this post on to my webmaster. We depend on our viewers for the feedback that we need to improve our sites.

Well, I sent my sample out last week, so hopefully you get it soon- if you havn't already! I'm excited to see the results!

Tracey, it came in by email today. I'll try to get it emailed to you tomorrow.

Just read through the analysis results, and I'm actually pretty surprised! kinda surprised that the test didn't include flouride or vitamins, but i suppose that a hair analysis might not be the best way to check those. The results make me think I need to have my tap water tested... not sure how to do that, so I guess I need to do some research. I do live in an agricultural area, and pesticides and fertilizers are coming up a lot when I look for possible causes of these specific toxins... and I really want to find the source of these toxins! Plus I need to do some research on supplements and find where I can get the best quality ones- you gave me a general idea though, thanks! Anyway, a lot of research ahead!

Oh, and also, I never had any thyroid uptake testing, so I will need to find the real source of radiation! Is it possible that these are actually toxins that I was only exposed to at low levels, but they accumulated because of artificial sweetener use?

tracey - the essential elements on the hair analysis are the vitamin and mineral levels. These are the main vitamins and minerals, and many are the trace minerals easily forgotten about. Vitamins like A, E and C will not make it into the hair; many elements never leave the body, such as formaldehyde in aspartame, and vitamins in foods, like C, break down inside of the body, so they are not in the same state coming out as going in.

Search for the sources of those toxins. The radiation was so high, I thought you may have had some thyroid testing. Those high levels are definitely at the root of your health concerns. Time to be a detective, and once the sources are uncovered, then you can secure they are removed. One of the great things about the hair testing is you have a chance to discover hidden toxins and then remove future exposure.

Take your time with this, too - you have the rest of your life to now redesign and rebalance your foods, environment, health and lifestyle. The hair analysis truly gives you a road map. Now, you'll never be lost or left guessing!

I agree that this is really a lifetime program. Once I got started doing the things Dr. Hull recommended in the detox program, I have stuck with it. I can't imagine ever NOT detoxing.

I have noticed that when I go to a health food store, they always seem to push the "latest greatest" doo dah that has just come out. Most of the time, they are pricey and I never stick with them. I have found that Dr. Hull's program is right to the point, and is actually less expensive to stick with then some of the fancier products all rolled into one thing that promise all kinds of health benefits.

I just stick with this program.

Ok so i purchased everything from swanson online! It was actually a lot cheaper than i thought it would be! The only problem s that the pills are so big... for me anyway! I keep choking them back up! Its just the b complex and green clay, and usually i can manage to get the green clay down. So i want to ask, is it ok if i just open the b capsule and put it in my juice/smoothie? Thats what i used to do with my multivitamins... so i am wondering if it is ok to do that?!

Absolutely!!!! Here's a tip that works for some people - when you take your vitamins, pretend you are simply swallowing a bite of really good food. Forget it's a vitamin.....

Keep us posted on your progress.