Topic: POST cereals contain aspartame

Hello, My child has been eating POST cereal's honey bunches of oats and mini wheats cereal for almost 2 years at least 5 days a week. Does anyone know if all cereals contain aspartame ? I checked the cereal boxes for ingredients and it does not mention aspartame. Just wanted to check it is ok for children eat cereal everyday. My child is 8 years old and is complaining of body aches and pains. We ran all tests and everything came out negative. we are vegetarians and do not eat any meat products. The only thing we eat everyday is morning breakfast cereal, bananas, milk and yogurt.
Thanks !Candy

Re: POST cereals contain aspartame

I recommend the Kashi brand of cereal - I think it is more natural, a better quality wheat or bran, and less food dyes and fillers. I also recommend making a super-fruit smoothie for him to offer a variety. Eating the same foods can increase allergies, as the body uses the spectrum and variety of food choices and needs them all. Put juices of choice, flax seeds, some wheat germ, yogurt, fruit and nuts, and some fresh unsweetened coconut in it, and then add a protein powder with whey protein. This is a great super-fuel for kids and adults. Vary his meal choices.

When aspartame is added, it will be in the ingredients. Check all your labels carefully, though. Aspartame is in products not labeled as sugar free.

I had faced some what like this condition. A time came when I want for regular check up the doctor strictly said to me that if you want to leave longer then you have to eat a good and all foods specially fruits. I was eating bread and milk nothing else I like to get in my mouth. But now I am completely fine. I started eating almost all vegatable, fruits and all.

Isn't REAL food what nature intended for ALL animals to eat? I think simple common sense should overrule convenience - eating the real thing is what humans are supposed to do.

Yes, nash and JoshuaGaler, the human body, its need to eat to survive, and the way our bodies digest and assimilate food has not changed since human beings decided to stand up on two legs a few million years ago. But our foods have changed drastically over the past 100 years, and since the past 30 years, we are eating more and more technology. Human bodies were NOT meant to eat technology. We eat fake foods, GMO foods, toxic chemicals, rancid fats and oils, food colorings, unnatural chemical preservatives, methanol. industrial chlorine, and wood fiber in "bran products."  Now, how much longer do you think our species will survive doing that? We are already seeing a de-evolution of the human species and mutations in the human being. We will soon morph into something I don't even want to think about if we continue to eat chemicals. We will become quite different types of animals - sick, diseased, mentally imbalanced, fat, less intelligent, apathetic, unable to reproduce - hum, ring true anyone??