Topic: Does anyone have macular degeneration?

I'm 28 and have macular degeneration. Any suggestion on what to take to slow the process down or stop it?

Re: Does anyone have macular degeneration?

Oh my, this is too young!  Scrutinize your toxins, detox whatever you can find may be getting to the eye, take quality supplements and check out this website; I think it's really good: www.bettervision.com. Martin Sussman at martin@bettervision.com.

Remember that the methanol in aspartame has been proven to damage the eye, so make sure you are NOT into any diet sweeteners.

My granny had it after she started on a breathing machine for emphysema (sp??). I think the steroids and the other chemicals in the breathing goop they add to the oxygen caused her eyes to go because she was perfectly fine before that, and once she started on it, she lost her sight real fast.

I am hearing of this more and more lately. When on a breathing machine, it is a good idea to up your vitamin intake, snuff salt water up your nose and splash it in your eyes after every treatment, too. Do all you can to counter the effects of the steroids on the eyes and sinuses.

Hi,
If you want to protect yourself from the risk of eye problems, then it is better to take adequate amounts of fish oil through fish or through fish oil supplements. Though fish oil supplements for muscular degeneration does not guarantee for absolute cure, It can slow down the progress of the disease. Also it will help to ease the symptoms that come along with it.

Eye exercises really help, too. They are easy to do and only take a few minutes, but for some reason, they are easy to procrastinate doing.

At least once a day upon waking, I look as far to the left for about 3 seconds, then to the right, then up and then down for 3 seconds each direction. Just doing this once a day strengthens my eye muscles. It really helps eye health, especially if your eyes are tired.