Topic: Is there any treatment for "dry macular degeneration"?

I've read many pages on internet about this disease, but I was wondering if it can be cured? Do you have any information? Thank you!

Re: Is there any treatment for "dry macular degeneration"?

Finding effective age related macular degeneration treatment is an ongoing process. The disease, also called ARMD, comes in two different forms: dry (which is the less severe form and more common) and wet (which is much more damaging to the eye and can cause severe vision loss). Both types are incurable but there are some treatment options that are being tried to stop the progress of the disease and/or improve and remaining vision.

Watson11 - to cure it may depend on how much damage has been done, but to help the situation is always possible. Our bodies are amazing things. Since this topic is not widely studied (Curing it, I mean), the information out there may be far and few between. But keep looking for the nutrients to feed the eye and for the toxins that break the vision apart. Nutrients are the only solution, I believe. Sunglasses, of course, eye exercises, and eliminating ALL toxic chemicals in food and medicines are also critical to maintain.

I recommend splashing warm sea salt water in the eyes once or twice a day for dry eye. It's like taking a dunk in the ocean, and helps keep the pH balanced in the eye and keeps it hydrated.

With Mac-D, one must try whatever they can to restore vision. Have the results of this been good for people?

Cardiovascular exercise improves the overall health of the body and increases the efficiency of the circuit. Did you know that there is a study that actually shows the benefits of exercise for your health macular? It may be less dry macular degeneration treatment.Smoking reducing the flow of the body, decreased efficiency in the blood vessels of the retina. If you are a smoker, the best thing you can do to your eyes, is to stop smoking.

Thanks for this wonderful site. I really like the way you emphasized your point of view right here.

fat burning exercises

Last edited by erickajane_36 (12-20-2010 8:32 pm)

Yes, thank you all.