Topic: Swollen Lymph Nodes

Hello...I am new to the Forum. I have read your book Sweet Poison and I believe that I have been poisoning myself for over 15 years with aspartame. I noticed in the book that only 3 people have reported having swollen lymph nodes and another 3 in the category of "other blood and lymph". 

I would like to know if you have heard from anyone that had had swollen lymph nodes from aspartame poisoning.  The only place I did not have swollen lymph nodes was in my neck and clavicle areas. Everywhere else the nodes were  extremely swollen: abdomen, back of legs, inner thighs, hips, rib cage area, and on the top of my arms.  I have been off the aspartame now for 8 days and the nodes are going down. The nodes in my inner thighs have gone back to normal along with the ones in my abdomen.

On top of the node swelling, I was literally swelling up like a balloon all over my body. I had so much fluid that I felt like I was being embalmed from the inside out. I have literally deflated back to normal since stopping the diet coke and gum.

Have you heard of anyone else having symptoms similar to mine? And how long will it take for all my nodes to go back to normal?

Thanks!

Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes

I am one this happened to. I know of lots of people this has happened to. My "knots" all over my body and in my throat, for sure, went away in about 3 months. I had lots of trouble with my right ear, too. That's completely cleared up, and it was really really bad at one time.

Thank you, Nash, for your reply! I was really beginning to wonder if I am the only one who has had this reaction. I'm glad to know that there are others out there who have had lymph node swelling too. I have had issues with my throat being inflamed as well. It seems to be getting better. I will continue to be patient for the nodes to go down. Thanks for letting me know your experience. I really appreciate it!!

Hi Nash, I have a question for you....When you began detoxing, did you have lymph nodes that weren't swollen before that are now swollen?

I am noticing some lymph nodes on my forearms that weren't swollen before but the other nodes that were tender and large from the aspartame are much better. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks poison free.

Also, what did you mean by "knots"? Are these lymph nodes you are talking about or something else?

fishesnloaves - the lymph nodes, and the tonsils too, are filters and exit points for toxins to leave the body. When toxins are present, it is common for them to swell. When you are sick, for example, the lymph nodes typically swell as blood toxins await removal.

When someone has swollen nodes or glands, they get like knots, full of toxins. Cleansing them using the clays or a liver cleanse typically drains them of toxins and they go down.

Thanks,
Is it normal to get new ones as you are detoxing? How do I know that this is not lymphoma?

Yes, this is normal because the toxins are coming out of the nodes, as they should excrete from them. I think this is merely a detox reaction because they are increasing at a time when you are flushing your body of toxins. A cause and reaction.

Don't jump from point A to point Z (detoxing to lymphoma) that drastically so early into detoxing. Complete the detox process, and then see if they have gone down. Try not to worry - your body has been through some toxic years, right? Give it the time it needs to clean the muck up. Seems to me, it is doing a good job for you.

It really useful for me, thanks for the info that you guys have been discussing.

You're welcome. Stick with us!

Lymph is essential. If you are having heavy flow of lymph, it helps to have a custom "Lymph drainage massage". People who are rather sedentary can have a hard time detoxing, the massage helps to mechanically move the fluid along. The massage can also help discover lymph blockage, a condition in which the gland has stagnated with its tube plugged. The symptom is the gland turns into a hard lump, and this can go on for years. If and when the gland is finally unplugged, you will know it immediately by the acrid chemical taste in your throat. You may then have unusual urine and bodily aches as your lymph and kidney clears out the waste. This recently happened to my sister after a 15 year blockage, so I know it is real.

I like your post a lot! Anytime I have a swollen gland or node, I do massage it and it is sore, really sore. But once I break it up, it eventually goes away.