Topic: Is there any treatment for Blepharitis and dry eyes?

Is there any treatment Blepharitis and dry eyes. Is it possible to get dry eyes because of stress.

Re: Is there any treatment for Blepharitis and dry eyes?

I eliminated my dry eye (from changes during menopause) by washing my eyes out in the morning and before bed with a mild sea salt solution I mixed in my bathroom sink. It works, too, like a good dunk in the ocean.

Mix 1 tsp sea salt in a sink of warm water, and splash on your face, up your nose, in your eyes, and then brush your teeth with the leftovers. it is sooooo healing, and it should take the dry eye away!

I know irritants will cause dry eye, possibly wearing extend-able-wear contacts for too long, cat and dog hair on your pillow, allergens (of course) cause dry eye, and hormone changes typically do. But stress shouldn't, unless your entire body is out of balance. But I don't think emotions would affect the eye like that.

Now a days dry eye is normal problem of everyone. 1 t spoon sea salt with a sink of warm water, mix this all. Wash your eye every morning and before going to bed for sleep.

Isn't it wonderful??? This hydrates my eyes, and they feel so naturally healthy. And, it does work!

I grew up on the coast and a dunk in the ocean always cleared up everything good, bad and ugly. I don't like snuffing salt water up my nose or going to the trouble to splash it in my eyes regularly, but you know what - it works when I do it.

sarahjohn63 wrote:

Now a days dry eye is normal problem of everyone. 1 t spoon sea salt with a sink of warm water, mix this all. Wash your eye every morning and before going to bed for sleep.

I stay up long hours in a computer. I am experiencing this too. Is it helpful to do this even when your eyes are somewhat strained? Thanks.

Last edited by amanda24 (08-01-2010 9:34 pm)

Oh yes.  Try it - you'll feel the difference.

Personally, I would do what you suggest, but I would use a sea salt solution as opposed to baby shampoo. The sea salt is all natural, it's like swimming in the ocean, and it will balance the pH in the eye. Mix 1 teaspoon sea salt to 1-cup warm water. Splash it into your eye and you can massage the lid at the tear duct to open that up; snuff some up your nose and gargle with it, too. This cleans all passages into the head.

Hello

This form of treatment with Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo is very controversial now.
More and more people are being told not to use their products as it contains fragrance (many people with blepharitis are allergy prone) and the ingredients STRIP the skin.
My daughter has been told not to use any Johnson and Johnson products for her baby as it 'strips the skin'.  So I would avoid for the eyes as such a delicate area.
OK it has been on the market for years but then we are becoming more aggravated and intolerant to the pollutants in products, the environment etc. and we have to be more vigilant.

I personally use bicarbonate of soda.  However I am not entirely satisfied with it so I have been searching for an alternative remedy to control my eye condition).

As well as the assistance we receive from the medical profession we have to be our own advocates in the care of ourselves and keep abreast of all information whether it be vitamins, diet, exercise.

I will try salt.  I will keep everyone posted.

Take care one and all

Harry Jacky wrote:

Hi friend,
Frequent cleansing of the eyelid is necessary. Moisten a clean cloth in a dilute solution of warm water and baby shampoo, and use it to clean the eyelid. Scrub the lid with the cloth to remove encrusted material and crusted debris. Elimination of debris denies bacteria a place for breeding. Scrubbing gives the added benefit of provoking, making tear quality better and slowing down tear evaporation for relief of dry eye symptoms. For good measure, you may want to gently (but firmly) massage the eyelids to induce more secretions from the affected glands.

Thanks

Yes defiantly, eye warmer homeopathic treatment best solutions for this diseases. It so natural and safe for eye. Try this you will get some relief form this.
dry eye treatment

Eye warmers - hum, that's new to me but I checked the link and it looks soothing, at the very least.

That's so disappointing that J&J has lost their purity. Why am I not surprised?? Here's what I do for my eyes with warm saline:

SINUS PROBLEMS, ALLERGIES, DRY EYE, AND HEAD COLDS: An effective way to remove toxins from the sinus cavity is to snuff salt water up each nostril several times a day, and flush your eyes with a mild saline solution.

Mix 1 TEASPOON sea salt in 1-cup warm water. Dissolve, and sniff into one nostril at a time. This can be compared to taking a dunk in the ocean waves. It will result in a flushing of the nose, and may drain into the throat to also remove toxins at the back of the mouth.

It is safe to flush your eyes with this solution to cleanse the eye, and is no different than swimming in the ocean and getting salt water in the eye. This helps with constant dry-eye, also.

Do this as often as needed to remove toxins, allergens, and other microbes.