Topic: Medical: Chronic drinking habits of diet soda consumers

Drinking diet soda to lose weight? This no doubt represents the triumph of capitalism over freedom:

"Just observationally as a young woman with friends, I see that people who drink diet sodas tend to drink them in a different pattern compared to people who drink regular sodas, as a chronic, repeated thing," often in an effort to lose weight or prevent weight gain, Larson said.

http://medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ENDO/20831

Re: Medical: Chronic drinking habits of diet soda consumers

Great observation, and most astute. Yes, people drink far more diet colas drink than they would typically drink regular colas. When drinking mostly, if not only, diet drinks, the body isn't getting enough water and becomes dehydrated. Diet cola addicts typically don't drink enough water daily anyway, so they grab another diet drink as they remain thirsty. The more diet chemicals they pump into their bodies, the more the Cephalic Phase Response activates and their blood sugar goes wacko. This leads to serious blood sugar imbalances, and high, non assimilated insulin levels. They remain hungry because of these blood sugar swings, and consume more diet products thinking that the more sugar-free products they consume, they won't gain weight. The DO gain weight, though.

So, the more weight they put on, the more diet products they use. They've got 'cha hooked!

Ever notice that most people drinking the diet colas are overweight??? Hello...

That is very true. It's almost as if corporate America is... lying!

Great observation man. I have never thought about that, I am also tired with my heavy body, But thanks great information have to given over here,

As long as people keep buying the diet stuff, they'll sell it. Modern day snake oil.

This is a very common thought for most people who use the diet products. Actually, this is the basis for their advertising campaigns - use all you want and never gain weight. But, it's so unnatural for your body's insulin production, and a diet filled with very toxic chemicals is a lose-lose situation. Weight gain will eventually follow, among other health problems.

It's just not worth it!

And kids aren't learning anything about nutrition or even sports, like in gym class, anymore. So they are clueless to the dangers of the artificial sweeteners. And fat, lazy, and getting worse.

Very interesting concerning the weight gains because of the chemicals. As a Health care provider I would be more interested in the pharmacology of these chemical substances.. In my practice I have seen increases in weight, Diabetes, HTN and to some extent gout. So what is our answer: medicate all these conditions and the cycle continues.