Topic: Best Way To Quit Smoking

How do I know when I have truly quit smoking?

Re: Best Way To Quit Smoking

You won't think about it all the time. You'll look at life differently, and you'll feel independent again.

You can take away everything that reminds you of smoking. The key to success in kicking the habit is to create a personal quit plan. You'll know more about how strongly addicted you are, and can use this information to help you design a detailed plan based on your smoking patterns.Take care of enough physical relaxation. Go for a walk or a ride or go swimming.

Right, replace one habit with another better habit.

Be aware ..
- Nobody can stop, if not entirely convinced of it.
- There is no better or easier way to follow.
- Everybody is different in the way of quitting.
- What worked for someone may not work for others.
- The only way to know if any particular method works or not for anyone to try.
- Anything to stop this habit is worth it.

To quite the smoking then you can use the e-cigarette which gives same fills and enjoyments as real cigarette. There is also require to control on your thoughts therefore you should start the medication exercise.

Do you mean meditation? I agree - controlling your thoughts is a big part of quitting any habit. There is a reason you are addicted - unhappiness, loneliness, confusion about something. Quitting a habit is more than just stopping the action. Quitting takes some soul searching and life changes.

try to engage yourself in something other like reading book, going fro tracking.

Good advice.

I so agree. If someone is not mentally or emotionally ready to stop smoking, cutting back is the better choice as opposed to adding too much stress or guilt when forcing this cold-turkey. One will stop smoking when one is ready. And those "patches" are not a healthy solution, in my opinion. If you're putting nicotine and chemicals into your body, just try to cut back on cigarettes and wean off them over time.

And if you "cheat" and smoke when using the patches, it can be very life threatening, possibly causing a stroke or a heart attack. So, now you're stressed, upset, putting chemicals in your body from a patch, and risking your health even more.

I just stopped fighting it so much. I like to smoke when I party and if I'm really really stressed. I can resist smoking all the time or every day, but I simply stopped trying so hard to stop, and it worked.

smoking is still one of the leading preventable causes of disease and death in the world. Best way to quit smoking, it requires a very strong motivation to be able to quit, and here I will try to give you some reasons to have one.o quit smoking, you can do the following things:
To quit smoking, you can do the following things:
Write down the reasons why you smoke.Know in which situations you like to smoke best.You should know these situations very well (for example, when you are having a good time) and start to think of a solution for how you want to deal with that situation. for more tips you can visit here http://www.stopsmokingtip.us/

Very nice post. Very nice. Thank you.

ya!! Study also suggests that quitting smoking helps to improve mood..

For More Information: http://www.samrx.com/blog/category/quit-smoking
                                 http://www.samrx.com/blog

I'm sure once you have really kicked the habit, it improves everything in your life. It's freedom, man, freedom.

hey guys....
determination is very important for quite smoking.... if any one has solid determination to leave it... he can easily quite it.... if any one has less determination he can quite what ever he do?

I agree with you. This isn't a cut and dry topic. Habits are hard to break, but it all depends on the strength and desire of the person addicted.

What's in the shot?

Well Friends Smoking is very bad habit and secondly every smoker want to quite smoking and to quite the smoking is not an easy task too but I listen about e-cigarette which are helpful and gives same fills and enjoyments as real cigarette. But IF somebody really want to quite smoking then it is important to control on your thoughts first therefore you should start the medication exercise which helps you a lot in left smoking.

I try to quite smoking  but I have suffer from smoking dreams and can't avoid it when I am depressed or lonely. Can any one suggested some good tips to overcome from this.

Take Bubble Gum or Candy when you feel craving to smoke..

Many times, smoking helps pacify emotional issues that need to be addressed before struggling with trying to stop smoking. Work on the emotional unfinished business first, and then stopping smoking should be easier.

I agree with Dr. Hull. I am a smoker and have been a non-smoker too. Well, actually a I started out like all of smokers as a non-smoker and actually was anti-smoking before becoming a smoker. My parents were smokers most of their lives, yet they did stop late in life. My dad had a lung removed from it.

Not all cases, yet some cases smoking is self medicating. The chemicals affect the brain centers or neurotransmitters. Fancy words that may be better understood from this site ----> http://neuroanthropology.net/2009/05/27 … n-cocaine/ The cigarette is just a delivery device for chemicals. Dr. Hull recommended I switch to a natural brand of cigarettes, which I did. I smoke less now and actually receive better satisfaction on less.

However, my goal is to be a non-smoker in the short future. I have other health goals first. Another interesting article I wrote can be found here - - -> http://hubpages.com/hub/Quit-Smoking-Me … -Cessation  , , ,I can also attest that the majority of my out of balance or high toxic heavy metals discovered through my hair analysis are a result of my many years smoking. I don't recommend smoking and most vehemently recommend becoming a non-smoker , , ,don't quit, just stop , , , ,I hate the word quit, quitting has never worked for me <smile>.

When I was a non-smoker I knew I was such, because they know longer had power over me or my life. Why am I a smoker now - long story, but I WILL be a non-smoker again. (grimace - grin - smile>

Tim

Last edited by tsmog (07-24-2011 2:53 am)

"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." ~ ~ ~ William James

tsmog at HubPages Seduced Then Addicted  A Numinous Experience

Oh Yeah. Ideas for helping to become a non-smoker. First, have a belief system in self selflessly and know self is connected to something larger. Next, have faith in that belief system. Sounds like BS, but it is a building block to you having power over the force of smoking. Take a holistic approach, since the mind, body, soul are all involved to some degree anyway.

Next, this may sound funny, but evaluate your friends closely. Some will be saboteurs. They may harbor fear of your change and the affect it has on the bond of friendship. If they are smokers it may cause a degree of guilt within themselves where forgiveness becomes a key component. Develop your support system quietly and own the responsibility of the consequences either good or bad or neutral. Then, play the Rocky Theme now and then and go toe to toe with your old self and graciously allow your new self to become. 

More help.
GOTO http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paral … keFree.asp and check it out. Also check out their paraliminal tape on belief and anxiety free. I have loaned these to friends at work and they have passed through about 5 hands now of which two are confirmed non-smokers. Not bad odds. Today they use CD's mine are casettes - LOL, but they worked for me many years back. And, they will be on the forefront of my arsenal when I begin my new quest in the near future.

Finally, once your NEW self is self, then I suggest a hair analysis from Dr. Hull. Like in Rocky II Apollo Creed became his trainer, your body will point the way like Apollo did. Build yourself mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It will be a fun filled adventure. It is like cleaning your house thoroughly, your tired, exhausted, and wind up sleeping so soundly you awaken energized and happy. Then, you walk through an immaculate home, smelling fresh, sparkling, and awaiting your presence. What an awesome day this is!

Go for it Olivia and thank you for letting my 'self' wander a bit <smile>

Tim

Last edited by tsmog (07-24-2011 2:52 am)

"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." ~ ~ ~ William James

tsmog at HubPages Seduced Then Addicted  A Numinous Experience