Topic: How much aspartaime does it take to make one ill?

I started drinking diet coke and Fresca a few years ago after my Naturopath put me on a candida /gluten free diet  . My health improved immensely as I no longer eat wheat and a few other products that I found out I was intolerant to.

I substituted beer for vodka and diet pop  in order to control my sugar in take.  I don't drink a lot of Vodka but I have been drinking a couple of liters of pop on the weekends.

I was doing fine until 3 months ago when I started to feel sick. I figured it was a cold/flu thing that would pass. Upset stomach and body aches..and my left ear has been ringing!~!!!!  I went to my NP a few weeks ago , she thought I was run down and prescribed me with a whole list of vitamins to take. I started feeling better but now I'm slipping back again. My ear is killing me with the noise and I feel weak and fatigued just like I did a few years ago. My ear has been bothering me on and off since last spring, I had my thyroid checked and it is okay.
I also have an itch with no rash on my left arm every night, sometimes it feels like a burn.

Aspartaime! I hope was the cause. I just dumped my last bottle of Fresca down the drain ..drank a liter on Friday night.

..I am tired of feeling like garbage..I eat well  and get regular exercise. I'm 45 and some days I feel like I'm 75..I want my life back!

Last edited by Mike Stokes (12-13-2010 5:17 pm)

Re: How much aspartaime does it take to make one ill?

That sounds all too familiar. Especially the part about the tinnitis. If you quit now you will be detoxing for several weeks.

I've been reading more of the threads about aspartame. I have to say compared to some people my intake would be considered low. However as some have suggested if you eat well your body is more aware of toxins going through your system.

The summer before the last I quite often cycled 50 to 100 miles several times a week..this past summer I had absolutely no interest in it and would turn around and head home after 40 or 50 miles. I also suffered from severe anxiety and insomnia throughout August.

I remember when I really started feeling lousy I had been chewing a lot of minty "sugar free" gum. In attempt to clear my sinuses which was probably the onset of a cold. Today felt so bad I had to come home from work. I haven't done that in 20 years.
I hope this cures it.. I am still going to my doctor and asking to have a gambit of regular blood tests done to eliminate all possibilities. if they find anything else I'll take it with a grain of salt.

It has become a serious problem and I hope you will be well soon. You can inform us later.

Last edited by Davidcam12 (01-10-2012 10:50 am)

Mike, a toxin is a toxin is a toxin, and aspartame is a very powerful toxin. If used regularly, it becomes a "lifestyle" toxin, and that will impact your health tremendously, no doubt about that. I believe that toxins affect everyone in proportion to their health status, age, weight, genetic weaknesses, etc. I also believe that the more athletic you are, the quicker these toxins metabolize through your body, and health symptoms hammer you. Aren't we seeing more athletes suddenly falling mysteriously dead? And many are young.

When the body is athletic, it maintains a higher metabolic rate, and any toxin will match that higher metabolic rate. So, there you have your explanation.

Keep your fitness level up but avoid ALL toxins! Especially the ones that you can control and remove from your life.

In today's world of secrecy and manipulation, be thankful that you know about this toxin and that you have the freedom to remove it from your life.

Just curious, when you say you were drinking diet drinks, were you also drinking enough water?? I say try drinking half your body weight in oz's, thats how much you should be drinking and drinking alot of diet softdrinks can dehydrate you aswell. Water also flushes out the toxins, so you'll be rid of the toxins faster smile

This is so true - when anyone is drinking a diet cola in place of water, it is only a matter of time before more diet drinks are consumed and even less water.

What are peoples feelings on Stevia? Has to be better that aspartaime.

Last edited by AliciaAnnesi (03-21-2012 1:59 pm)

Oh heavens, stevia is as natural as oregano or basil. It's a sweet plant. The key here is to use only the most natural forms, and don't use too much every day. Humans tend to overdue a good thing. Big money corps love to cash in on a new fad so they overdo their production and marketing to make yet another sale and more profit.

So, use raw and natural stevia, and don't overdo it.

Try not adding any extra sweeteners at all.

Stevia in it's natural form is great.  Now the commercial giants  have introduced Truvia and pruvia.. Whichnis not stevai  but  rabinia...a stevia extract.  Since these new products are stripped stevia..what are your thoughts, will we find thAt they are as dangerous as aspartame?
I have read that where stevia has a positive impact on Blood Sugar, Truvia  does not.

I have been diet coke free for over two weeks, but was thinking of. A 20 ounce vitamin water a day for flavor....then I read the label. Truvia.  I feel great and I have had a 15 year diet coke habit. 6-16 a day.  Thoughts on Truvia would be appreciated.