Topic: Where can I find toothpaste without flouride/artificial sweetners?

Ive been using Toms because its flouride free but found that it has xylitol/sorbital in it...is there any place where you can actually go out and buy some that dont and if so which store? Thanks smile

Re: Where can I find toothpaste without flouride/artificial sweetners?

Friendlily, I know what you are going through.  I too find difficulty in finding listed ingredients that I know what they are and where/how they are made.  Although the xylitol/sorbital is used as a sweetener, why is a sweetener needed in a toothpaste?  I have eliminated most of the toothpaste choices and settled on Desert Essence, Natural Tea Tree Oil & Neem Toothpaste for my use.  I managed over a few months to get my local health food store to carry it all the time.  She laughingly told me she could not keep it on the shelf because everyone kept buying several tubes of it, she started getting additional and now is able to accommodate all of her customers.  I would guess that where you get your Tom’s could also get the Desert Essence.  If not it is available on line at several sites I frequent.

The Desert Essence ingredients are:  Calcium Carbonate, Vegetable Glycerin, Deionized Water, Eco-Harest Melaleuca Altermifolia (Tea Tree0 Oi., Melia Azadiachta (Neem) Oil, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Chondrus Crispus )Carrageenan), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sea Salt.
PatB

Last edited by PatB (06-16-2011 7:13 pm)

Thanks so much for the info about that! Its weird because i went to a vitamin/health store where i live and they have like 5 different "natural" toothpastes and all of them said "no artificial sugar/sweetner/flouride etc" and on the back of everyone of the ingredients i saw sorbitol and/or xylitol which i know is an artificial sweetner. So i dont know how they get away with it but its nice to know that theres one out there! smile

Last edited by friendlily (06-20-2011 9:37 am)

I use Toms, and French Green clay at least once a week.