Topic: Phenylalanine warning on sugar-free labels??

I no longer drink/eat/chew gum that have artificial sugars in it but i recently started taking the "superfood" Spirulina supplements and while looking up benefits of spirulina online i found that it contains phenylalanine in it naturally and was wondering if this has the same damaging effect as artificial sugar? Sorry if these are dumb questions but i dont know anything about either topic really smile thanks

Re: Phenylalanine warning on sugar-free labels??

I think to buy spirulina for me and I have heard that it is called Super food. Is it really?

Last edited by Davidcam12 (01-10-2012 10:47 am)

The amino acids you get from natural foods that have NOT been altered by someone in a lab are fine. And by altering, I mean removing the natural complex amino acids and replacing them with man-made concoctions, such as the phenylalanine is aspartame. Here, the manufacturers have created a completely man-made molecule of phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol - hence, aspartame. This is NOT found in nature.

Spirulina is wonderful when kept natural, and the better products will keep it in its natural form. This means the amino acids in it, phenylalanine is one of them, are in a natural balance and the body processes this "naturally."

So, this is a good supplement to use for anyone at any age. It will cause no harm, and the benefits to the body are numerous. And yes, Davidcam12, the "Super Food" products can contain spirulina, but some products are strictly the sea nutrients. Just check your labels to select the product you think is best for your needs.

I would like to know if there are any 'safe' sugar free mints on the market. Can you recommend anything?? Thankyou.

Regards..Sharon.

No. There are none. No safe sugar-free gum, either. What's wrong with this picture, huh???

It would be great if you could oversee the manufacture of some safe mints and gums. Think about it. I'm sure there would be a lot of grateful people!! smile

Oh, I'm sure the "gum" companies know how to make a healthy and natural gum, but just like other issues like alternative engines, alternative power, etc, they keep it from the public because they can't make as much money when people are happy and healthy. Sounds so jaded, doesn't it? But that's our modern world......

Last edited by nash (06-26-2012 10:29 pm)