Topic: Please help!!

I posted my lengthy story previously, so i'll stick to getting straight to the point. Researching up on aspartame and other peoples story's, i am worried that i have caused irreversible damage to my body. If i can't fix the issues i have, i dont know what i would do. I simply can't live like this anymore. I was a short term user, during school time only having diet softdrink at home in the nighttime and on weekends, and during holidays my intake upped. But whats scaring me is the extent of my symptoms. Is there any way to tell if the damage is permanent, or do i just have to wait to find out?? My chiropractor believes the reason for my issues was nerve damage, can this be fixed or is it something i will live with forever? Please help, im only 18 and dont want to live the rest of my life like this sad

Re: Please help!!

I am also curious, if i happen to ingest aspartame in the future does this mean i will have an adverse reaction, as in will the symptoms i am facing now come back or will i be able to slip up every now and again with no effects?

Re: Please help!!

Have hope, every evidence suggests you will be completely healed in a year and a half. Detox goes pretty fast but nerve damage heals slowly.

Once detoxed, you should be able to "slip up" without a major outbreak. Thnk of the toxins as slowly accumulating, but when the reservoir is eventually full they spill over and you have syptoms. You need to empty your toxin reservoir, and that takes time. Once empty, you can abuse yourself in moderation without suffering.

On the other hand, you may have developed a visceral aversion to the toxin, in which case your body will react suddenly and unpleasantly, like an allergy. This is what happened to me, so I must avoid even the smallest amount of Aspartame®.

Re: Please help!!

This is what happened to me, also. If I get into it by accident, I react immediately. This can easily happen during holiday times when people bring diet sweets etc to parties. Always ask - don't worry if people think you're a bit obsessive - it's worth your health.

Re: Please help!!

Me, too! This happens to me - if I get into it by accident, oh man - I can tell right away. I get that funky slimy taste in my mouth, and boom - instant headache. I think the longer I have stayed away from it, the more sensitive I am when I get into it.

Re: Please help!!

Okay.Well i guess that would be a good thing. Then i will stay away forever and never have to face what i have in the past couple of years smile

Re: Please help!!

That's what we have all done. We only get into the toxin if by accident. That says it all, really. None of us will ever use it intentionally.

Re: Please help!!

Just curious, today is day 9 (im pretty sure tongue) and last night i had a weird night. i was craving the good old diet softdrink last night (or any softdrink) while out at the club. When i got home they were still there so i decided to have a glass of cordial. It doesnt have aspartame in it, but i had a really odd nights sleep last night. I woke up a couple of times and felt really sad for no reason, like life wasnt worth it in a way? Is this a normal withdrawal symptom or do you think it had to do with what i drank last night?? Good thing is i wasnt woken up by an anxious feeling like every other night tongue

Re: Please help!!

Well, at least you're noticing improvement! I think this had to do with the methanol in the liquor. Remember that diet colas, and all diet products with aspartame, have methanol. So, you may be addicted to that. Just keep noticing these reactions and feelings, and once you clearly understand them, you can then work through them in a more positive fashion.