Topic: Poisoned by Splenda

Hi I am new here.I was having  stomach issues. Went to see my gastro dr. He diagnosed it as lactose intolerance. Which was strange since I could eat diary products with no problems, but followed his advice and took lactose pills. I started to link Splenda with my stomach issues soon after. I had diarrhea after consuming Splenda ice cream and oatmeal with brown sugar sweetened Splenda on numerous occasions. Finally left no doubt in my mind after I had again oatmeal and Splenda. I was very ill with diarrhea, nausea, severe cramping and sweating profusely. I had nothing else to eat but the oatmeal and Splenda. Since this has  just happened yesterday I now know why I had stomach issues, just didn't relate it to Splenda. Will never knowingly touch Splenda again and will read food labels carefully. Splenda is poison to my body!

Re: Poisoned by Splenda

Thank you for your post! Shame on your doc for not knowing enough about nutrition and the dangers of Splenda to advise you better. You wasted your time and money, and when you researched this yourself, you found the cause of your recent health issues pretty quickly. Smart gal. When unusual health reactions happen when you have recently introduced the diet chemicals, this is the place to start investigating what's going on.

Actually, Savanna12, you just proved to be smarter than your doc. Yes, the research done when sucralose was applying for patent showed fertility issues and severe gastrointestinal disruption in the lab rats. The chlorine in Splenda just isn't healthy for your lower GI, you know. We carefully watch our chlorine consumption in water sources, and we don't typically drink from our swimming pools, but we have Splenda - with 75% chlorine - on the grocery shelves. Hum. Who's making the money off this decision??

I just started a new diet called the new diabetic diet by Joyce and Bob Schnieder........ which uses splenda......... I am diabetic and trying to lose weight and I have lost 25 pounds , but if splenda is toxic to us what can I use instead that wont hurt me?? I want to continue to lose weight ....... I am not on any diabetic medication right now because I was told if I lose weight and control what I eat I wont have to be on medication. so what do you suggest to replace the splenda , but at the same time will not make my bg go up high ????
Thank YOU !!!
Deborah Jackson

Have you been eating less, eating better foods, and exercising on this diet? Then keep doing that but with real foods with no added fake chemicals. This should keep your weight off. It's your lifestyle and old eating habits, don't you think? If you've changed those, aren't you in control now???