Topic: Stop Spreading Misinformation or Correct Everyone Else

I have been into health and fitness since I was a kid. I workout very hard and take care of myself. I also drink diet drinks (sodas and sports drinks) and sweeten my coffee with Splenda (the horror !). LOL. If you guys know something that 9 other countries do not, please update the Wiki entries on Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. As it stands, they all say your claims are little more than psychosis. I'd love to see you guys set the record straight. You can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

Your misinformation does no service to anyone. In fact, it hurts people in all sorts of ways. For obese people, they wind up thinking they are doing something healthy by consuming sugar. For diabetics, they have to deal with your banal ignorance. The [real] doctors have to answer your tripe. Sites like Snopes.com have to spend energy correcting you. Even industries are hurt due to your insistence on spreading ignorance. Spreading your ignorance hurts people so please stop it or prove your claims.

Seriously, if you're right and everyone else is wrong, please correct the Wiki entries and cite your sources for the evils of aspartame when you do.

Re: Stop Spreading Misinformation or Correct Everyone Else

al, al, al - the sources are all over the Internet, my websites, my newsletter, in my two books on Amazon - good gads, dude. You rely on wiki????

How can anyone think this issue isn't real. al, al, al

Go here and read away: http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/main_articles/

al, people like you insult the people who have had very serious reactions to aspartame. Why don't you do more thorough research? Wiki is convenient, but not always accurate.

Al, you have got a lot to learn.  You don’t say how old you are, just that you have been into health and fitness since you were a kid.  Well if you keep up the consumption of these dangerous poisons you won’t get to be an old timer.  I use Wiki a lot but only as a starting point and use what I find there as a link to learning a lot more about the subject I am researching.  If you take the references you find on the link you stated you will find that many/most of them are governmental.  That in itself is a red flag, don’t trust everything you read when it comes to government “taking care of you”.

Sugar is a natural flavoring although it too has been “cleaned” of all its nutrition and is virtually worthless in that regards.  Sodas and sport drinks in themselves are bad for you mainly because of what is put into them (other than the artificial sweeteners).  Listen to Dr. Hull and read, read all the horror stories that come from all countries about these poisons.

Time for additional education, hit the books and learn the truth.

PatB

There's no point writing anything on Wikipedia anymore because it has been seized by armies of corporate operatives who monitor pages to ensure it complies with their agenda. NEVER expect the "truth" from Wikipedia.

Gnarlodious I agree with you for the most part about Wikipedia.  Yes, it has been “taken over” by big government, big agriculture, big pharmaceuticals and just about any other BIG company you can think of.  With that said there is a lot to be found by using/starting with Wikipedia.  I do a lot of genealogy and use that as a starting place to find out about states, counties and cities where my “subject” lived, when those places were started and anything I can find.  I have found out a few interesting tidbits about our government agencies that were interesting.  One that comes to mind is our notorious FDA, it started out with all good intentions but somewhere along the line got “taken over” by all big money and those that seek big money.

I also use Wiki as a starting place for research on subjects that I have written about here on the forum.  It gives me many leads that I may never have found by “hunting and pecking”.  Yes don’t believe everything you read, not just at Wiki but elsewhere.  A lot of what is here on the forum is just plain old common sense, if man MADE IT it’s not good for your health.  Man’s machines can and do aid us in preparing our food but man cannot make the ingredients that we put into our bodies.

PatB

I recently discovered that Aspartame was my problem. I had been having "brain fog" for quite a while and could not understand why. So I Google 'brain fog" and somewhere along the line aspartame came up. I never had any headaches, but my head felt "funny" (hard to describe),vision changes, memory loss,  but what really confirmed it for me was the SEVERE sleepiness I had after I drank like a diet coke. Yesterday I drank 2 crystal light drinks (not thinking about the aspartame)and I almost did not make it home. I felt soo sleepy, had trouble getting things out of my car-I wanted to sleep real bad. I used to use 3 packs of Equal in each cup of coffee every day(2), then drink diet cokes daily(at least 3 daily)When I realized what it was,  I have started using Agave nectar which is very good in my coffee. Aspartame is in everything. How long does it take to get it this out of your system? Please advise! Thanks!

Daniwest welcome to the forum.  For the most part if you have only recently started using artificial sweeteners you should be realizing some relief shortly.  If you are a long time user it may take a bit longer.  Read through the entries here on the forum and see what others have experienced once they stop using Aspartame and Splenda and Equal.  I drink my coffee black, unsweetened but in my hot teas I use honey (local honey).  Many of those on the forum like Stevia, as unadulterated as possible.

PatB

You know - it is sad how the negative people (one nice way of saying the jerks out there who live for money) have taken advantage of Wiki. You post your own stuff on Wiki - it's the honor system because Wiki is built by those individuals submitting the info. They scan for the truly false info that is obviously propaganda, but for the most part, the Wiki posts are put there by the people, themselves. So, if you want to post inaccurate info, it can get through.

Wiki started as an information pool, and sadly, it has become polluted.

I recommend doing what PatB said, you follow the deeper links within the posts and judge their credibility.