Topic: Sugar-free chewing gum and aspartame: contributor to ailments?

I am 20 years old and for the past couple years or so I've been having constant migraines, along with diarrhea and upset stomach at random times. I have also been experiencing pain in my upper arms and shoulders. I tried but couldn't pin point what the problem could have been. I assumed it had to do with my sleeping pattern or my diet, and when I changed both, there wasn't much in the way of improvement.
For the past 2-3 years, I have had an 'addiction' to chewing gum, having at least 4-5 packs a week, each containing 15 sticks. This 'sugar-free' gum contains aspartame and I feel this may be the reason for my migraines and such. What do you think?

How dangerous do you think my level of aspartame poisoning could be? Should I go see a doctor? As well, how much of a factor is aspartame in developing certain diseases such as cancer? As of now, I have stopped chewing gum so regularly. I am not too sure what to do in the way of detoxifying the aspartame out of my body but I'm seeking to cut it out of my diet. I don't have much in the way of choices in my diet in the first place, since I have a severe allergy to dairy and eggs. I drink soy milk regularly but I am not sure if it has aspartame in it.

Re: Sugar-free chewing gum and aspartame: contributor to ailments?

canucklehead - the doctors don't know squat about aspartame poisoning because they are told to avoid this issue. Really -this is a fact. So, that won't do anything but waste your money and get you a laundry list of prescribed drugs that won't work.

Yep, dude, it's the gum!! Migraines are one of the most common side-effects. Aspartame has to be labeled with a warning sign, so check your labels. Get Dr. Hull's Detox e-book. That teaches everything you need to know about detoxing. You're smart, dude, to have figured this out so young!!