Topic: Building Block of Aspartame

If the thought of having your next “Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper” sounds great how about this little thought.

“Aspartame/AminoSweet - Addictive and dangerous artificial sweetener commonly found in chewing gum and "diet" beverages. A building block of aspartame, the amino acid phenylalanine, is usually manufactured with the aid of genetically modified E. coli bacteria. This process has been used industrially in the USA for many years.”

Now doesn’t that sound just yummy?  I’m sure we all just love the thought of consuming E-Coli bacteria.

Link from “How to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods” at;
http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Genetically-Modified-Foods

PatB

Re: Building Block of Aspartame

Speaking of AminoSweet - my book Sweet Poison just sold in Japan where aspartame is made. The Ajinimoto Corp has made aspartame since Day 1, and they have 40% of the world's aspartame market. I guess 'll be creating some earthquakes at that factory, huh??

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could see a “tsunami” of awareness of these artificial sweeteners that would totally destroy the industry?

PatB

This is off-topic, but few people know that the ubiquitous sweetener HFCS (corn syrup) is the metabolic waste of an aspergillus bacteria. That's right, HFCS is the by-product of ethanol production in which mashed corn is digested in giant vats. If industry didn't have consumers to feed the toxic waste to as food, they would have a giant disposal problem on their hands.

It is a case of pretending excrement is yummy food and spreading it over the widest possible area.

Gnarlodious, you are not off topic, that item fits right in as to the “manufacture” of these artificial sweeteners.  Many months back I stated that I have place HFCS in my personal artificial sweetener list.  I had read somewhere that it was a byproduct of Ethanol production but with the element of being digested corn is even more repulsive.  Doesn’t that just make that frozen waffle or bowl of cereal or canned soda sound just yummy?

This is a perfect topic and hopefully will open some eyes as to the disgusting process that these products are made.

PatB

I agree, and thank you for introducing this issue.

They (big pharma, big banks, big everything) have gotten by with such criminal actions like aspartame, inoculations, GMOs, fructose corn syrup for so long, they are relaxed and cocky that they will get by with whatever they want to do forever. Not to get political, but look at the behavior of the Republican party - trying to push out anyone who can give this corruption a run for its money.