Topic: Is Vitamin Water good for you?

Hello... I see that so many flavored waters have aspartame in them.. I was just curious if the Vitamin Water brand is okay to drink - Does it have any artificial sweeteners? What flavored waters are okay to drink?
Thanks for any help!

Re: Is Vitamin Water good for you?

Also, is there a list anywhere of foods/drinks that may contain aspartame or other bad sweeteners?

I don't think there are any artificial sweeteners in the vitamin water.

You are better off staying away from Vitamin Water entirely.  There are 150 calories in each bottle, and almost 30 grams of sugar----eat fresh fruits and veggies to get your vitamins.  Alternatively, try Emergen-C in the Lite flavor for an extra dose of vitmains (no calories or sugar)

One caution with using Emergen-C, however (because I used to use it thinking it was a totally safe product) - it contains a large dose of aspartic acid, and for those of us who cannot ingest isolated amino acids, this can create a reaction similar to aspartame - the bright squiggly lines in your line of vision, followed by a migraine headache. This happened to me, personally, and I was able to connect the reaction to the aspartic acid in the Emergen-C.  Heads up on this. BTW, I did write to the company to share this info, but they never replied.