Topic: How long to stay on detox diet?

Have been doing aspartame detox diet for nearly a month. How long is it recommended to stay on the diet?

Re: How long to stay on detox diet?

I've stayed on my detox program for almost 2 years now. I don't think I'll ever stop detoxing in some way or another. But I read all my labels, even on the regular stuff I have always bought,  because those SOBs sneak that aspartame stuff in to foods NOT labeled sugar free.

It's as if they know that we know it's toxic.

How long did you use aspartame and eat a chemical diet? Count on at least half that time to reprogram your neuro-nets - and that's not much time considering the abuse your body has taken from eating and drinking chemicals.

Typically, when aspartame is removed, you'll feel an improvement within days, and after a few short weeks, your body should return to a more balanced state. If this isn't occurring, you may have some nutrients that need to be replaced because a chemical diet has depleted them.

So, get on a good organic mutli vitamin and mineral, and some vitamin C, and see if this helps speed things up.

Medium to heavy aspartame consumer since 2000 until about 5 weeks ago. Have been following detox diet from your website since July 20th. On the regimen of B complex, Vit C, enzymes, mutlivitamin, etc. Don't feel much different, but wondering when I can loosen the restrictions of the diet yet continue to eat healthier than I was before the diet. Of course I will avoid aspartame, but want to go back to eating meat and other staples...healthy of course.

Typically, jk2008, if you do not feel and see a significant health improvement when cleaning up your diet and detoxing, then something else is going on. Detoxing is a great tool, and if it has not removed the layer of toxins within 6-weeks or so, and if you are not sleeping better, waking up with more energy, feeling better throughout the day, etc - then you have another toxic cause at a deeper tissue layer. One good thing about detoxing though, it allows the older toxins buried under the more recent ones to now come to the surface and be removed. This is you next step - keep digging the old layers out until they are all gone.

Have you had a history of toxic exposure - military or exposure from childhood?  Could you have a parasite or yeast or bacteria or another microbe inside you, too?  Ever cut your foot in the lake as a kid??

There is nothing wrong with eating good healthy meats and a balanced diet. Don't deny yourself whole foods of any sort. Deny yourself the man-made, manufactured, chemical, fake, assembly-line foods.

Go on and eat all the real stuff you desire - drink plenty of water, and move your body with exercise. Now THAT is a good program!

Have been following the Detox Supplement program for a week and wanted to get a couple of clarifications:
--Vitamin C Complex instructs to take to "bowel tolerance".  The bottle says 8 capsules per day.  I am up to 15 and still no loose stools?  Is this unusual? Is there an absolute limit?
--Vitamin B-50 came in the package with instructions to take 1 capsule / day on the bottle.  The printed material references B-100.  Should I take 2 of the B-50 for the program?

Cartln - The same thing happened to me.  You can take up to 26 vitamin C capsules - not at one time though.  Break it up between morning, lunch, and dinner.  Most people will have a loose stool between 10,000 and 15,000 mg.   15 capsules is only 8,343 mg.  And yes, you should be taking 2 of the B-50 caps.  The book mentions 100 mg, but the bottle is 50 mg.  Dr. Hull, I'm sure will respond as well.  Good luck!

I have been off of artificial sweeteners for 10 weeks.  All of the symptoms have disappeared except the headaches.  They are much better but I still have them every day.  I have been taking Vitamin C, Liver detox, B Vitamins, Niacin, and multi-vitamins.  What more can I do?

Stay with it!  Are you reading your labels?  Maybe you are unknowingly ingesting an artificial sweetner.  No aspartame, Splenda, phenanlyine, ace sulfate K potassium or something like that.  I know that there are several names to watch out for.  Watch out for flavored water!

Good advice. I would suspect that you have some aluminum or another lighter metal still inside your brain. The methanol may still be inside you, too. If the headaches have not gone away by now, then this could be a genetic characteristic that is worth exploring (smaller BBB or blood vessels due to genetics, for example) or you indeed have metals inside your head. Did you drink diet from aluminum cans?

Don't despair - all can be remedied. The metals can excrete, but you will have a headache as they do. And if your blood vessels are smaller than average, and this typically includes the nasal passages and Eustachian tubes, too, you can use niacin to keep them dilated and cleansed, keep saline solution around to keep them cleansed with a balanced pH.

I've always wanted to make a diet again that helps to remove the toxic substances in my body. I've also read a lot of useful information on detox diets and think it's time now to start one. I am just looking for the best diet for me.  I have to work a lot each day so I can't afford to be powerless or tired. I think you have to choose diets individually so that it fullfills your needs.

Absolutely. Read the book "Eat For Your Blood Type" and see if that gets you started. And, a diet is NOT a diet: it is a LIFESTYLE change that fits together with your needs like a hand to a glove. And it is a forever program designed JUST for YOU, BY YOU.

The way you eat, sleep, think, exercise, etc is a mind-body connection that is ONLY yours! Take all the good info out there and design a program for you!

I have been following detox diet tips around 9 months. month before I known About detox diet is the removal of potentially toxic substances from the body, They have to do this with Herbs and some environment  method, So I was just wondering for my Fatty body, Its great method for diet.

Most all detox programs are good to do. What specifically are you using to detox?

Take dandelion and milk thistle during your detox to help you get the best out of your detox.

It is amazing how nature provides the tools we need, and that all animals need.

I was drinking about 2 liters of Diet Coke every day before. I was experiencing headaches, fatigue and a racey heart. I cut down slowly the amount of coke I drank. I also followed a cleansing diet where I stopped smoking and drinking alcohol. The racey heart and fatigue lifted, the headaches remained though. Like drjshull says, it might be another issue. In my case, it was a completely different issue! I had my eyes tested and found out I need glasses! So that

Detoxing is good to do at any time and for anyone, just like we clean our houses and change the oil in our cars. Whenever health symptoms are occurring and aspartame and the other diet sweeteners are used, it is always good to stop using these toxic chemicals, for sure. But, aspartame is not the only toxin around, and like GaberthH said, he found a physical reason he was experiencing headaches. Now, aspartame can weaken the eye, so it may have everything to do with this in the long run, but any time a health symptom arises, search for the cause or causes of your health reactions - all of the causes. That's the only way you can fix it.

I just want to add that the symptom that my wife experienced (that subsequently led us to finding her malignant brain tumor) was visual.  Looking back, we noticed but didn't take seriously, other symptoms like mood swings, rage, depression, headaches, etc.  Get an MRI!  Any symptoms that are not "normal" indicates that something is going on that the body it isn't supposed to be doing, outside of normal functions.  The body isn't supposed to have aches unless something is causing them.  The body should see clearly unless something causes it to not see clearly, etc.  Good luck!