Topic: Flu symptoms

Help! I have been battling constant flu symptoms for the past few yrs.  I have been to lung, ear, throat, heart, allergy and gastro Drs and no one can find out what is wrong with me.  I have constant sore throat, ear aches, headaches and feel feverish (although I don't have one).  I have decided it has to be something I'm either eating or breathing since all my tests have shown nothing.  It suddenly dawned on me that my diet is consumed by fat free/sugar free foods, coupled with diet soda every day. 

Is it possible that I am having these ill feelings due to aspartame?

Re: Flu symptoms

YES!  Stop all artificial sweetners and you'll feel better.

I too have not felt good for a few years, numerous problems, As of this past Sunday I have quit drinking diet pepsi & Crystal light ice tea. I have been packing on the pounds even though I have been eating heathy. Once I read Dr Hulls article on artificial sweeteners it all made sense. I am starting to feel better all ready! I have had chronic constipation for years. Now I have been going a couple times a day.
The only thing i am having problems with is caffine withdrawal.
Why dont they get this stuff off the market. I would think that it is especially deathly to diabetics.

Are you drinking regular soda now on a regular basis?  That will definitely add pounds since 1 can is 150 calories.  Try not replacing your diet coke habit with a regular coke.  Once you go without it for awhile it's not so bad.  I kicked the diet coke habit and switched exclusively to water.  Just recently, I tried adding various flavored seltzer water.  Not too excited about those.  They're okay, but regular water seems to be more satisfying.  I would say in the last 7 months, I've had 4 regular cokes.  I have to really, really want one.  If I do, I indulge myself with one and only one.  I savor the taste.  What might help also, is to consider this . . . I heard or read somewhere that high fructose corn syrup turns DIRECTLY to FAT!  Not a pleasant thought.  A regular coke is exactly that!  I have found other products not containing the high fructose corn syrup that I enjoy.  One is a can of sparkling juice (Knedusen or someting, I didn't really pay attention)  It is tasty, but also contains about 150 calories - again, not something you want to consume on a regular basis.  I consider it a treat.  The other is Izze.  It's another sparkling juice.  It comes in a 4 pack of what looks like a soda pop bottle.  These I found at Whole Foods Market.  These are better alternatives because they are not made with high fructose corn syrup, but rather evaporated cane juice.  Just food for thought.  You're doing a great job cleaning up your insides.  You don't want to undo the positive with a weight gain that could leaving you feeling miserable again.  Good luck!

Last edited by boschida (10-15-2008 7:34 pm)

No, I have gone to water only. Today is the 4th day and I am starting to feel better already. I use to feel rotten everymorning when I got up. It would take me hours before i could function. It felt as though i had an infection some where.
You know that feeling? If only I would have found this out yrs ago.
I go and get 1 lg cappacunno a day for the caffeine, the withdrawals are bad.
But, 1 day at a time.

Not an infection feeling.  Blahs, perhaps.  Good for you for making the change!  It'll get better.   Are you detoxing as well?  You should eventually try to wean yourself off of the caffeine too.  Do a little at a time though.  Baby steps.  You'll feel much better physically and mentally.

Yes, you are right just plain yuckie. The thing is that I have had so many symptoms and have Doctored for so many of them, how do i let my Dr know that this could be the simple answer to other peoples problem.
I would love to be able to let other people in my community about this everyday
common poison.

When your body begins to get more and more run down, your immune system suffers, your hormones suffer, your emotions suffer, your skin suffers, your eyes weaken, your hair begins to thin, your nails begin to break - are we all really depressed yet??? But doesn't think sound familiar to most of us??? And all because we are feeding our bodies diets of chemicals instead of nutrients, and we are depleted of the fuel needed to run our bodies.

That said - detox, restore depleted nutrients, exercise more, go to sleep earlier and sleep harder, drink water and meditate or pray to center yourself and relax at least once every day.

Then you might consider having a hair test done - instead of guessing at what is at the root of your woes, determine them and remove them!  Then you have no where to go but up!

boschida wrote:

Are you drinking regular soda now on a regular basis?  That will definitely add pounds since 1 can is 150 calories.  Try not replacing your diet coke habit with a regular coke.  Once you go without it for awhile it's not so bad.  I kicked the diet coke habit and switched exclusively to water.  Just recently, I tried adding various flavored seltzer water.  Not too excited about those.  They're okay, but regular water seems to be more satisfying.  I would say in the last 7 months, I've had 4 regular cokes.  I have to really, really want one.  If I do, I indulge myself with one and only one.  I savor the taste.  What might help also, is to consider this . . . I heard or read somewhere that high fructose corn syrup turns DIRECTLY to FAT!  Not a pleasant thought.  A regular coke is exactly that!  I have found other products not containing the high fructose corn syrup that I enjoy.  One is a can of sparkling juice (Knedusen or someting, I didn't really pay attention)  It is tasty, but also contains about 150 calories - again, not something you want to consume on a regular basis.  I consider it a treat.  The other is Izze.  It's another sparkling juice.  It comes in a 4 pack of what looks like a soda pop bottle.  These I found at Whole Foods Market.  These are better alternatives because they are not made with high fructose corn syrup, but rather evaporated cane juice.  Just food for thought.  You're doing a great job cleaning up your insides.  You don't want to undo the positive with a weight gain that could leaving you feeling miserable again.  Good luck!

Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

It's nice to have you!

that information is usefull for me too, thank's for sharing

I wonder what new flu scare they'll come up with this season? So far it has been quiet on the panic-meter.  I think the flu thingys are a bunch of hype to sell inoculations. I really do.

Most of the time, people who take the OTC cold medicines don't get over the flu any faster than people who do natural methods, like the saline Neti pot and Alpha CF homeopathic remedy. Allowing your body to rest (sleep), pump up the immune system, and take only natural chemical products with no side effects, not only helps resistance for the next time you are exposed to the flu virus, but you will recover in the same time period that you would if you were taking a bunch of drugs.

Some humans may have vomiting and diarrhea, admitting this is added accepted in children than adults.Drink clear fluids such as water,sports drinks, or electrolyte beverages fabricated for infants to prevent acceptable dehydrated.

Absolutely. Always stay hydrated when ill, especially children.