Topic: IS BUFFERED VITAMIN C OK?

I'm currently followowing the Detox vitamin regimen and ran out of the vitamin C.  There is a delay in getting the order filled from your vitamin store so I bought some Vitamin C to tide me over until my order arrives.  The Vitamin  C is buffered.  I know you warn against buffered niacin, but what about buffered vitamin C taken in the detox doses to "bowel tolerance"

PS:  I ran out because I seem to be taking 23-26 daily to keep right at the level of "bowel tolerance".

Re: IS BUFFERED VITAMIN C OK?

The buffered vitamin C gave me gas and a major stomach ache. I think it is like the flush-free niacin, it is altered in the lab but it makes it less pure.

I have discovered after researching the various forms of vitamin C, that ascorbic acid from primarily fruit sources is the most effective and best form of vitamin C the body will uptake. It is worth having an extra bottle on hand when you run out.

Many forms of vitamin C have a high corn base; it is cheaper to manufacture and the corn is abundant. But this form is similar to high fructose corn syrup in the respect that it can cause a stomach ache and irritate your body. Some forms of corn-based vitamin C can affect your blood sugar levels.

Buffered vitamin C just tells me that this supplement went through one too many steps from its source to your mouth. The fewer the processing steps, the purer the supplement is and the closer to its natural source in food.

Hi Guys,
This is Stephen,  My acupuncturist, who is also an herbalist; is suggesting I take buffered vitamin C. I am concerned about taking this.  I do not see multi-vitamins on it any more, I've always been told NOT to take them, so now I'm confused.

The closer to natural concerning anything, the better. When humans have taken something natural and nutritious, and altered it in the lab, I stay clear of it and choose what has been tampered with the least.

What I think your acupuncturist is trying to do is get a form of vitamin C inside of you that will assimilate with no stomach issues. Many American vitamin C tablets are made with too much corn, and this can upset the tummy.

The best form of vitamin C is from ascorbic acid, acerola extract, and rose hips.

My husband gets diarrhea using the littlest amount of vitamin C, and I get a stomach ache using the cheaper vitamin C. Is this because of the corn in it?

vitamin C is best........

Which form of vitamin C?

I am familiar and believe in PH balance.  I know I need to detox.  What is best order to begin?  Phone consultation, Hair Analysis, Detox.  Where should one start?

Well, I would have the hair analysis done first because this provides the road map to go further. Checking your pH is good to do at any time, so that can be done now. Detoxing is also something anyone can do at any time, but to know if you are still exposed to the toxins that may be causing health issues, it is best to remove those sources once they are identified on the hair analysis. There is less benefit from detoxing something that is going right back in.

So, do the hair analysis, then detox with some "direction", and change your diet as part of your detox.

You can do the phone consult after you get the results, so you can ask me specific questions about the results. I enjoy talking to my clients when I can.