Topic: Quit aspartame

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue (also referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Through saliva testing, we found that my cortisol levels are very low and my adrenals are very weak. One of the symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue is hypoglycemia.  I have always had blood sugar problems, experiencing both hypoglycemia and gestational diabetes.  My main reason for pursuing help, however, is because of the severe dizziness that I have experienced.  I have been checked by many doctors, but they have found nothing. This has been going on for over 6 years now.

Because I want to get better, I have tried to follow a low carb/high protein diet to control my hypoglycemia. I do feel better on this diet.  However, when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes 16 years ago, I switched to Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.  I have used these colas quite frequently in the last 16 years.

I quit drinking all soda about a week ago.  My body is not sure what to do with this.  I am wondering what types of symptoms I should expect.  Although I'm sure that this can vary from person to person, I thought maybe there was a list of symptoms that others had experienced. 

I've done well until last night.  I developed a severe headache that could not be relieved with pain killers and became so dizzy that I could hardly stand.  I am still woozy today and wondered if this is because of the lack of aspartame in my body or my blood sugar?

Any help would be appreciated.  I have craved the diet colas very much the last few days, but have not succumbed.

Thanks, smile
Tracy

Re: Quit aspartame

Aspartame can be very addictive for both physical and emotional reasons. Your withdrawal is somewhat common, sad to say. You must realize that your body has become addicted to a sweet "drug", and it will be easier for you to restore your health and resist the temptation to go back to the diet colas if you replace the nutrients your body has lacked from a chemical diet. Restore the proper nutrients, and this will help you resist the addiction. Exercise regularly, and make yourself stronger in mind, body and spirit.

Recognizing the addiction is the best step to eliminating it.

ctnjm wrote:

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue (also referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Through saliva testing, we found that my cortisol levels are very low and my adrenals are very weak. One of the symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue is hypoglycemia.  I have always had blood sugar problems, experiencing both hypoglycemia and gestational diabetes.  My main reason for pursuing help, however, is because of the severe dizziness that I have experienced.  I have been checked by many doctors, but they have found nothing. This has been going on for over 6 years now.

Because I want to get better, I have tried to follow a low carb/high protein diet to control my hypoglycemia. I do feel better on this diet.  However, when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes 16 years ago, I switched to Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.  I have used these colas quite frequently in the last 16 years.

I quit drinking all soda about a week ago.  My body is not sure what to do with this.  I am wondering what types of symptoms I should expect.  Although I'm sure that this can vary from person to person, I thought maybe there was a list of symptoms that others had experienced. 

I've done well until last night.  I developed a severe headache that could not be relieved with pain killers and became so dizzy that I could hardly stand.  I am still woozy today and wondered if this is because of the lack of aspartame in my body or my blood sugar?

Any help would be appreciated.  I have craved the diet colas very much the last few days, but have not succumbed.

Thanks, smile
Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I am so glad you got off of the diet colas.  They are very bad for you and, as Dr. Hull said, quite addicting.  The dizziness you are experiencing maybe the withdrwal your body is undergoing. so stay strong, the dizziness should pass.  I found an article at:

http://www.herbalintel.com/index.php

The article will give you some insight on the dangers of aspartame and offers an all natural safe alternative, called Stevia.  I hope that helps.  cool

So glad to have our members helping one another. This is a vast issue, and remember that none of us is alone asking our questions about aspartame. Aspartame has adversely affected millions of people and with little to no support from mainstream media or medicine. Hum, in America, doesn't that strike you as odd?  When a movie star breaks a nail or has a fender-bender, it makes national news. But the dangers of aspartame isn't news worthy - something is wrong with this picture, eh?