Topic: Hair Loss

I have had major thinnning of my hair over the last 6 months. I can no longer braid my hair which used to be so thick that I had trouble creating a bunn. I have had my thyroid checked and everything came back fine. Docotrs just keep sayng it is stress but I have had LESS stress in my life. If the cause is aspartame will my hair grow back or is hair thinning due to aspartame permenate? <crosses fingers>
I have been a diet pepsi, diet coke drinking of about a liter - 2 liter per day for years. I dont drink alcohol or smoke. Diet drinks are an addiction for me because if I dont drink at least 1 can per day I get a terrible migraine.
Thanks for any comments.

Sunny

Re: Hair Loss

I had the same symptoms.  Take heart, your hair will come back.  I was losing gigantic clumps of hair, it was a nightmare.  I went to numerous doctors and they all said it was 'stress'.  YES I was stressed, and that was because I was poisoned. 
I've been totally off aspartame for about 4 months, and while my hair is slowly filling in, it has completely stopped falling out.  DO NOT DRINK EVEN ONE CAN OF DIET SODA A DAY.  I used to get migraines too, and I feel for you, but you MUST get this poison totally out of your system, or the pain and agony will NEVER stop.  Even ONE drink of aspartame is poison.
Best of luck, and happy hair growing smile

Hair loss is a major symptom of aspartame toxicity as well as migraines. Stay away from all products containing aspartame and see if the symptoms subside. But make sure to read every label!

Yep, hair loss and migraines are main symptoms. Check out some other symptoms below:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

- Andy

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!  IM..........SPEECHLESS !!!  IM NOT BELIEVING WHAT IM READING. ITS AS IF YALL HAVE STOLEN MY IDENTITY !  IVE HAD MIGRAINES FOR 3 YEARS; NO MEDICINES HAVE HELPED...IVE HAD CT SCANS, AND NUMEROUS BLOOD WORKS, ANTIDEPRESSANTS....TO NO AVAIL!!  IM ON THE HIGHEST DOSAGE OF BIOTIN ALLOWED  BECAUSE OF MY HAIR FALLING OUT!!!! AND USING ANTI-THINNING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONERS..I WENT TO THE DOCTOR FOR A HAIR ANALYSIS AND BLOOD WORK, AND SHE TOLD ME STRESS WAS CAUSING IT TO FALL OUT.. SO SHE  PUT ME ON ANOTHER ANTI-DEPRESSANT!  BUT OMG!  ITS NOT STRESS, ITS ASPERTAME!  ITS ASPERTAME!  I  DRINK IT IN MY COFFEE, TEA, CEREAL, AND DIET COKES!  BUT NO MORE.. YALL HAVE REALLY INSPIRED ME... IM IN DEBTED TO YALL FOREVER.. THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME.. HALLELUJAH; IVE BEEN PRAYING TO JESUS TO SHOW ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME..WHY AM I MAD AND HAVE A HEADACHE AND THINNING HAIR!!!  HES SO GOOD!
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
LOIS STEPHENS,
CARTHAGE TEXAS

Lois, I tried to mail you, just to offer additional support, but my mail came back undelivered.  I pray you feel much better soon.  smile

Last edited by AspartamePoisoned (01-21-2009 8:55 pm)

Aspartame is definitely the cause!  I had both the migraines and hair falling out!  Since I gave up aspartame, which was easy, detoxed, and started replacing the nutrients in my body, headaches cleared up and my hair stopped falling out!

I also take silica and I can't believe the difference in the amount of hair loss.  Honestly, while in the shower, I may notice 3 single strands at the most.  Unbelievable!  It's like night and day.

hey yall!! wow I have support!! how wonderful... yes mam I have also been taking silica for about a year trying to get to quit falling out, however it wasnt working because i was still on aspertame... so now that im off of it, the silica should really help me now!!!  gosh thank yall so much... this is day 2 for me aspertame free! yaay

also i found this product on c.o.bigelow called bhi-heel   hair and skin... its all natural and has a lotttt of use for differnt things.......but one including hair loss, split ends, and breakage..but i dont take anythingggg now unless i ask several people. thanks girls

YES ITS ME AGAIN...i was reading ingredients on my cereal, and it says  fructose and dextrose, which i know are sugars but they are ok right? i mean, i know they probably arent all that healthy but they wont make my hair fall out will they???  it did not contain aspertame.  thanks yall

Searching around the web I found a product that i has use for 4 weeks now..I am starting to see some baby hairs poking out around my temples and forehead..I was worried that the medicine wasn't going to work, I was almost thinking about asking for my money back untill I noticed the hairs this week..i have been losing my hair for about
2yrs now and this part of my head was the worst.  I have actually counted 150 hairs (strange i know).  I just got to the point that i was getting desperate,  I didn't even this women lost there hair.I have been searching the web since july and haven't found anything reasonably priced on the market.  This stuff cost about 100 bucks but they give you a two months supply free if you sign up for the next month..  they also have a 90 day get your money back kind of thing so i took a chance..anyway its starting to work so i thought i pass on a good site..i thought
i was going to have to save up and do some type of surgery cause in my business (real estate) i have to have my hair..lol..i just feel insecure when i dont look my best..
anyway..if this helps any body then i did my job..http://www.grow-all-your-hair-back.com

Janet

lois wrote:

YES ITS ME AGAIN...i was reading ingredients on my cereal, and it says  fructose and dextrose, which i know are sugars but they are ok right? i mean, i know they probably arent all that healthy but they wont make my hair fall out will they???  it did not contain aspertame.  thanks yall

Fructose is just fruit based sugar, it is safe smile
I think dextrose is like corn syrup (but I'm unclear on that one).  I am trying to just stick to only natural, raw, unbleached sugar, honey, and stevia.  smile Lois I was going to send you pics of my before and after hair loss, but I can't find the befores.  I'll send them when I find them smile

I would think that your hair loss would return once you rid yourself of the artificial sweetners and began detoxing.  That was my experience.  I also took silica, and still take, in tablet form.  Hair loss is a thing of the past!  I think I lost a significant amount of hair, although it never altered my appearance - there weren't any bald spots or anything.  I realized it was a problem when my sister commented on how much hair was left in the shower that caused me to think it was a problem.  I did find it a bit strange, but assumed it was from breakage due to wearing ponytails, or from brushing aggressively.  It NEVER occured to me that it might be because of aspartame and other sweeteners!

HEY GANG   Thanks for all of your support !  ive been off of aspertame and all artificial sweetners for a week now; and i can already tell a difference, in my hair, myskin, and MY HEADACHES ! (what headaches?) lol....anyway, i still have a little bit of tension in my shoulders, they kind of ache; but not near as much as they were. anyway, ive already gotten compliments on my hair looking better...i wish it would grow faster.. but ive talked to Jesus about it and He's on it..haha.. thanks yall

I have experienced hair thinning for unknown reasons. I have had tests done and everything has come out right; my doctor thinks stress is the cause. I'm wondering if aspartame could be the cause. I don't consume huge amounts of it though. I have one stick of gum a day, a smoothie with about 1/2 T max of splenda per day, and 2-3 glasses of diet soda a week. Do you think that cutting these few things out of my diet could help me? And is it necessary to cut out even tiny amounts like those in gum? Does anyone have an experience with small amounts of aspartame causing hair thinning? Thanks for the help!

So many doctors default to stress as a cause of the things they don't know is the cause. When they use the word stress - get up and leave because they are clueless at that point.

Hair loss is very common when using aspartame. The methanol is a big reason; formaldehyde just isn't good for healthy hair growth, you know??? I lost a tremendous amount of my hair when I had aspartame poisoning, and as boshida says, silica (BioSil by Jarrow) and Bone-Up by Jarrow will restore the bones, nerves, skin, gum and teeth, and skin health.

Anytime health issues like this arise and aspartame is used, stop ALL the aspartame and within 6-weeks, you'll see and feel the improvement! Unless you are in an emergency or life threatening situation, stop the aspartame first and then decide if you need to spend the time and money at the doc. Typically, you will not.

wow, this is really unbelievable.
i have been experiencing hair loss for about 8 months now, slowly but very obvious. i used to have thick full hair and am now left with a fraction of it. i have also lost 15 lbs without trying over the past 5 months and have experienced extreme tiredness and other unpleasant side effects, can this rlly be because of the splenda and aspartame?? i drink the stuff like its nobodies business. easily 4 cans worth a day if not more. whether its in my coffee, soda, cereal, smoothies, etc. ive stopped completely as of this past thursday. but i am beyond depressed about my hair falling out. i am a 19 yr old girl...ive gone to the dr numerous times and everything about me is healthy. he tells me its from stress...but i honestly love my life and dont feel stressed the least bit! i cant take this anymore, its NOT fair and its NOT normal for a healthy, fit 19 yr old girl to lose her hair. i have no genetics for premature hair loss. can someone PLEASE tell me tht they are experiencing similar symptoms and if and when my hair will start growing back in!

You should read my book Sweet Poison; you'll feel like you are reading about yourself. Yes, I had massive hair loss when poisoned with aspartame. It all grew back. I had adult acne, which went away. I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol from aspartame poisoning, and that all returned to normal when I stopped all NutraSweet. My periods were off for the first time in my life, and they returned to normal. I can go on, but you get the picture.

Aspartame will adversely affect your body; stop using all of it, detox, and restore your vitamins. You'll see for yourself that we are all spot on.

Your hair loss IS NOT related to aspartame. Androgenic alopecia existed long before aspartame ever appeared.
Visit hairlosshelp.com that sight is very good.

Hi  my husband has alopecia and was told by a friend that it maybe caused by aspertame.  He has lost ALL the hair on his head and his face, including his eyebrows and eyelashes.  I have noticed that his arms are starting to be bare also. Could this severe of a case be caused by this chemical?  He drinks about 4 cans of diet pepsi a day and a few Miller Lites at night? Is the aspertame in the beer too?  I have been trying to find a cause and a treatment for him for months.  We went to a dermatologist and nothing she has given him has helped. This is very depressing for him.  Any information you can give me to help him is appreciated.

Qwanlee, alopecia can be caused by aspartame - alopecia can be by something other than aspartame. Do YOU know the cause of alopecia? If not, then how can you say aspartame isn't one of the many causes of alopecia? Toxins cause alopecia - this can mean many different toxins, but TOXINS cause alopecia. Alopecia doesn't appear out of thin air. Any toxin attempting to excrete from the skin can cause alopecia. Aspartame's breakdown product of formaldehyde attempts to escape from the skin. Aspartame can most certainly be a cause of alopecia. So can mustard gas.

billy1010 - consider doing a hair analysis for your husband and see what toxins are inside his body. Stop guessing what this toxin(s)might be, and start researching down and dirty! Go to http://www.hairanalysisprogram.com/ and see if this is an option for him. And yes, the aspartame isn't helping this situation at all, and may be the cause for it.

One of the best and cheap solutions to excessive hair fall is by using a hair loss shampoo specifically made to improve the health of your existing hair. And also, strengthen hair follicles to anticipate added hair loss in men and women. One of the a lot of able-bodied accepted assemble generally acclimated auspiciously to stop accident of hair is Saw Palmetto. It is best to try hair loss shampoos with this ingredient.

Have you found a good shampoo with Saw Palmetto?

if you are low in vitamin D, B12 and low in iron these will cause hair shedding
or  try M.Gardson's hair growth method..  it works pretty fast for me

This discussion has really given me a lot of hope...in 2004 I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (an unpreventable autoimmune disorder) and maybe 2 years after this I started to neglect my health. My blood sugars were through the roof and my hair was falling out like crazy....this went on for maybe 3 years but since about 2008 I completely turned around and started taking great care of myself....my a1c's have been excellent and my doctor is very happy too but he just cannot seem to figure out why my hair has not grown back...I've pretty much been losing my hair slowly since 2006 and it just keeps getting thinner.....

I was starting to feel like nothing I was doing would help...I exercise 60 minutes a day, my blood sugars are in great control...my diet is fairly healthy but the main thing about my diet that has been awful is my excessive intake of diet soda.....my intake of diet sodas increased dramatically back when I started neglecting my blood sugars (due to the excessive thirst I experienced) and even after I got back on track with my health the majority of my fluid intake was from diet sodas.....

My understanding is that when blood sugars are under control that hair loss should reverse....It feels to me like my hair started falling out because I started to neglect my blood sugar control but perhaps my excessive diet soda intake has prevented it from growing back even after I greatly improved my control and turned my life around.

I stopped drinking diet sodas completely about 3 weeks ago and I am praying to God now that I recover from the hair loss and see some new hairs grow in....it's been years since I've seen new hair growth and I'm only 24. Hopefully...seeing this discussion will end up being a God sent gift.

Kiran