Topic: how do you know how much niacin and how many times to take

was wondering....i have been taking all the detox supplements in order to get rid of the nutrasweet....three questions i have....i now take the french green clay twice a day....i thought i read somewhere that a member of this forum asked about powdered green clay by now....i am going to continue to take the capsule form of french green clay twice a day but was wondering if i have been on aspartame for a long while now would it hurt to take more of the powdered during the day....my second question is concerning the niacin....if i take 150mg of the niacin i have a flush....if i take 200mg i get a heavier flush and actually break out in red blotches for about 20 to 30 minutes....may sound like a dumb question but is this bad for me or is it more of the toxins coming out....also if i do take the 150mg at one time, how many times a day should i do this....
one last question....i am going back to the gym and i take supplements for weight lifting....as long as the supplements don't have an artificial sweetener in them can i take them with the detox supplements....i was very depressed when i went to my pantry and had to throw several jugs of whey protein out due to the fact of them containing either aspartame or sucralose...any response would be appreciated...phil

Re: how do you know how much niacin and how many times to take

150 mg of niacin is enough if you're flushing.  Only do this once a day.  You can take weight lifting supplements while detoxing.  Wait an hour after taking French Green Clay before taking any of the other supplements.  Don't worry about the crap you had to throw out.  You'll be better for it and you'll save money on all the senseless tests you'd take to find out there's nothing really wrong with you - well, at least, according to medical doctors.  You're doing the right thing.  Feel good about it.  Your on your way to wellness!

I took niacin for some 4 years when I was in my early fifties; then had to stop it because it was making my random glucose readings rise to diabetic levels and my fasting-blood to pre-diabetic levels by the standards of conventional medicine.  Is impaired glucose tolerance one of the possible side effects of niacin.  I am now nearly 66 years old and still perform well on the OGTT and the HbA1c.  I used to take between 2 and 4 grammes of straightforward niacin daily; is there any way I can enjoy the benefits of high-doses of niacin without adverse blood-glucose readings? The glucose high-reading problem disappeared as soon as I gave niacin  up.  Please help me if you can.

Niacin is a blood cleanser, and blood sugar is in the blood, so maybe it's getting to blood toxins and making you think it's the glucose, when it's not.

Taking high doses of niacin isn't recommended if you are flushing at a lower dose. If you are not flushing at a high dose, make sure it really is a pure form of niacin and not buffered or flush free. This will get you to increase it but never feel the flush. This can be harmful to your liver. If it is a pure form and you are not flushing, then it sounds like blood toxins, like mercury, are high.

I recommend taking no more than 500 mg at one time, but that can be taken three times a day. Then, nash is right: it may not be the glucose in your blood, but the toxins. Toxins will affect your blood glucose levels - you should do a hair analysis and see what toxins may be circulating in your blood, upsetting the entire apple cart.

Niacin is a blood cleanser, and blood sugar is in the blood, so maybe it's getting to blood toxins and making you think it's the glucose, when it's not.

If blood sugar levels are too high, I think you have a good point - the niacin can help eliminate those high sugar levels. If the sugar levels are low, I think any insulin would have worked on that, so nothing would be available for the niacin to remove. But along these lines, the niacin can also remove any excess insulin, and that is always a good thing.

Nice thinking!

All points are awesome and it is great and useful to see your information.

Well, no one has all the answers, and many times, modern life gets so complex, we can't even figure out the questions anymore. But when people seek answers and follow their instincts, typically, the solutions become more clear. One thing I think more and more people are figuring out is that the modern medical philosophy of "take a pill" and that's all you can do, isn't working - never has, and never will. I've always said that the ER is where you find the best medicine. Then, you must go home and figure out how to make lifestyle changes to overcome health challenges. It's a mind-body connection in my opinion.