Topic: Seeking the Perfect Sweetener

Excerpt: There are many articles written about the dangers of artificial sweeteners, but few quality articles are published in the mainstream media. Think about it - how can a writer get an article published on the dangers of aspartame when the magazine or newspaper has ads for diet cola on every... Continue Reading Seeking the Perfect Sweetener from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Seeking the Perfect Sweetener

I just hobbled to my computer and googled "joint pain from Splenda" and sure enough, I found that my suspicions are warranted! I have been drinking diet cola with Splenda for the past week or so with ever-increasing joint pain. The pain is the absolute worst at night. I can not sleep without taking a knock-me-out cold medicine. I can not believe that something that makes my body hurt this much is considered legal to drink! I would MUCH rather have the 140 calories from a glass of non-diet sugared cola than suffer these kind of aches and pains. You may think I am exaggerating, but I am not. I feel like I got hit by a truck. Give me a glass of Grandma's Kool-Aid any day!

Re: Seeking the Perfect Sweetener

Hey Iris, thanks for sharing your story with us! Best of luck to you.

- Andy