Topic: Detox and Eye Burning

Since I started my recent detox regimen I am noticing a

Re: Detox and Eye Burning

400mg of niacin? Usually when people take that much because of being really toxic they spread it throughout the day. If you take it after a snack or meals with a lower dosage do you still feel the burning in the eyes?

I think you are taking too much niacin.  I take 3 caps (150 mg I think) on a slightly empty stomach once a day and I feel a slight burn.

Asmith,
Currently I am only taking 400mg at 200mg per dose (twice daily), breakfast and dinner.  On my initial detox I got up to 1000mg per day with very little burn.  Dr. Hull does recommend not going over 1500mg per day.  Again on my initial detox I started having some kidney discomfort and backed off for about a week before resuming the niacin and only increased on a weekly basis.  This time I started at 100mg twice daily and now up to 200mg twice daily with an increase of 50mg twice daily per week.  Currently I am getting a nice

Pat, you are doing great, and I think you are a true niacin expert by now! The eye itch is a toxin around the eye, at the tear duct, or within the eye itself. Continue to cleanse, as you are doing, but take a dunk in the ocean and get a real salty flush, or flush your eye with a saline solution every day as much as required. Also, I keep the saline solution for soft contact lenses in the cabinet when I get dry eye, cut my eye (which I do more often than most people because I am outside so much in my Texas garden!!). Use the saline solution if you ever have a sty or eye infection.

It appears like you have toxins around the eye that you are flushing out, and this cleansing may keep you from suffering with something like Macular-Degeneration in the future - go Pat, go!  Keep detoxing and keep that niacin routine going.

And go catch a wave!

I thought niacin was supposed to be used only once a day.  ??

A pure form of niacin can be used up to three times a day, and this depends on how hard and how fast you want to detox. If you want to get after it, you can take it twice to three times a day, but never take more than 500 mg at one time (if you aren't flushing at a lower dose), and never exceed 1500 mg in one day. This is just too much for the liver to take in a 24 hour period, and it will eventually stress the liver.

For those brands of niacin that are flush-free or timed release, they can be very harmful to your health because they are typically in higher doses, they are tweaked in the lab to NOT flush and, therefore, remain in your liver far too long, and if you don't flush to know how much your body really needs, than it is all to easy to take too much and never know it is harming your liver.

When you feel the burn, tingle or flush (whatever you want to call it), that is your body's way of telling you exactly how much niacin you need, but it is safe to take that pre-determined dose up to three times a day, five days a week.

If someone has chronic high blood pressure or high cholesterol, it may be wise to take a low dose of natural niacin at least twice a day. This is a safer preventative then the statin drugs and toxic medications. Nicain is MUCH less expensive, and it is a more natural blood pressure aide, as opposed to expensive, addictive, and toxic drugs.

I just got my blood work back today.  My cholestrol is high and they want to put me on a statin drug.  I am trying to avoid it.

My lastest numbers are:  258 Total cholestrol, 118 Triglycerides, 53 HDL and 180 LDL.  I am 39 years old.

Will the niacin help me with this?  I generally flush with 150 - 200 mg.  Unfortunately, I haven't been taking it daily.  I definitely will now.  Is there anything else that might help lower these numbers?

Thanks,
Dawn

Hey Dawn,

You should ask your doctor what he or she recommends for alternative treatments to lowering cholestrol. Maybe, exercise, pay attention to the good fats and lower the intake of the bad (saturated), increase fiber intake, take a consistent multi-vitamin, lower stress, see if your parents or any other relatives had a similar case and what they did.

Best

- Andy

Stay on the niacin, for sure. You watch your diet and your vitamins, I know. I don't get this, unless it is hereditary, and if it is, you can avoid genetic weak links by a good nutrition regimen. Take your niacin regularly! This should take it down.

And it may be time for another round of the FGC detox.

Thanks.  Does the FGC help to remove cholestrol too?  You mentioned that someone trying to lower their cholestrol should take a low dose of niacin 2x a day.  What do you consider a low dose?

The FGC is great for removing anything the body has not used as fuel. A niacin dose is individual to the person's body, but 150 mg is an average dose for an adult. It does depend on the toxic load, your cholesterol, amount of body fat, fats in the diet, etc.

The key here is how strong is your flush and how rapidly does it occur after taking the niacin? A mild flush is the best, but I like the flush, so if mine is stronger, I don't mind. But it is ideal to flush within 20 minutes of taking it. And never take more than 500 mg at one time, and NEVER take Flush-free niacin or Time Released. This is toxic to the liver.

Hi Guys,
This is Stephen, Natural herbal and holistic remedies have proven to be highly effective in alleviating eye irritation and discomfort. Homeopathic remedies are perfect for adults and children and gentle enough to use on the eyes.

Great suggestion - anything specific to add?

"A niacin dose is individual to the person's body, but 150 mg is an average dose for an adult."

Does this mean if I'm getting a good flush after taking 100 mg (down from 200 initially) that I'm getting close to removing most toxins? I weigh about 150 lbs.

I stopped drinking dt colas for about 6 weeks before starting the detox (after 20+ years of anywhere from 4-12 per day). I've been following Dr Hull's detox program w/FGC and vitamins for just over 3 weeks now.

It seems kind of fast given all those years of abuse... am I understanding this correctly?

Yes ma'am. You're healthy! You are even healthier now that you stopped the aspartame. Doesn't that make your day????

You did use a lot of the sweet poison and for a long time. Eventually, it would have impacted a gland or an organ, like the thyroid or bladder, but when you use the right tools, and the Detox Program really does work!, you are giving your very miraculous body the tools it needs to go to town and get back in shape!

You appear to have a very healthy constitution, and you caught this abuse before it damaged your health. Celebrate because you have bought yourself a ticket to future health!

I think some of us have a hard time believing that we can control our health without the permission from a doctor. No one knows your body better than you know it. I think the best doctors are the emergency room doctors - they take care of the immediate need and send you home to take care of the rest of your healing without a dependency on them. I think all doctors should take this approach, and honor their patients more than they do.

I agree. Nice post. Thank you.