Topic: Aspartame Dispute At Snopes.com

Excerpt: Disputing the snopes.com article on aspartame. I received the very disturbing email below from a gal who ordered my book, Sweet Poison. It appears that snopes.com used my book title when reporting an aspartame scam. By using my book title, Sweet Poison, as the title of their post, snopes gives... Continue Reading Aspartame Dispute At Snopes.com from Dr. Hull's free monthly ezine, The Healthy Newsletter.

Re: Aspartame Dispute At Snopes.com

I had a registered nurse at my neurologist's office tell me that they have proven that aspartame affects the neurotransmitters in the brain, and that it is having a negative effect on children's learning ability. Further, the husband and wife team at Snopes.com have no credentials. They are merely doing an internet search and posting their opinion of what they have read. They don't even properly cite their references.

Last edited by sumjoy (09-12-2009 9:20 pm)

shame on these disbelievers I am trying to fight a lone battle against the effects of aspartame, I often get rediculed and told that I am the mad one but I know that I was being poisoned by the stuff. I have menieres and used sweeteners for years then was advised to stop and I was sceptical but after 3 years of no attacks I was feeling well. My downfall was I went on a diet and started to have sugar free drinks and foods within a month I was ill and having a really bad attack. never again will I have anything with it in if I can help it. Keep up the good work is there a pen pal group in the uk that I could join and we could campaign together.

Money talks, and this is ruining our country. When bad information is allowed out there,  like on the snopes thing, supporting a KNOWN toxin like aspartame, or when quackwatch puts out misinformation about the hair analysis - well, follow the money trail.

Snopes and quackwatch must get a payback from someone, who do you think??  The big corps and the AMA? Well, the AMA is really Big Pharma, isn't it?

Last edited by nash (09-13-2009 5:51 pm)

I wonder if quackwatch or snopes started off trying to do the right thing, or not??? The urban-legend-thing just doesn't seem to work. The profiteers get a hold of them pretty darn quickly.

Any organization that defends aspartame as being safe is paid off. No question. Bottom line. Enough said.

Snopes didn't do their homework, and they tied the true aspartame information into the yellow-journalism. That is bad, bad, bad reporting.

Thanks for sharing the information would be really very helpful for me.

You bet.