Topic: Quick question regarding hair-loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,

I came upon this website accidentally (but glad that I did) after researching Aspartame & hairloss.

I've read through a few of the threads and was somewhat relieved knowing someone else had the same experiences as myself.

Im 24 years of age & I have been diabetic (Type 1) since age of 12.

I did use to drink Diet Coke but I stopped that when I was roughly 18 years old.
HOWEVER my weakness is tea and I would consume about 4 cups (maybe more on some days, less on other days) but the cup of tea would have to be sweet-very sweet infact. So I would tend to drop 6 canderal tablets into every cup of tea that I drank.

I stopped drinking tea about 3weeks ago....

Hairloss has been a problem for me, since being diagnosed with diabetes (a little after 12 years of age). I have pictures of myself before I was diabetic showing thicker longer hair. sad  I do think Aspartame is a factor in regards to my hair loss.

Since I have stopped consuming Aspartame (for 3weeks now) in tablet form, and in diet yoghurts, and sugar free drinks, etc....I am still noticing hair that falls out when I run my fingers through my hair.
I know hair growth won't happen overnight, & I know factors will affect hair growth/loss but....

MY QUESTION IS:
How long will things get worse (more hairloss even after stopping Aspartame) before I see an improvement?

Thankyou & Ciao....

Re: Quick question regarding hair-loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody can say or sure. But... if you think it is the Aspartame® then it probably is. Search the posts here and you will find others whose hair growth improved after quitting Aspartame®. Of course, you should quit anyway, not just for he hair's sake.

Right - quit anyway and learn ways to eat and drink without added chemicals. All these chemicals are adding up inside of you and putting toxins in your body. Clean them out and see what happens.

I found that regular green tea, some ginger and honey (like 4 times a day) helped me with a similar problem.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.