Topic: Aspartam & Acesulfame K

I'd like to share this, and you will be able to find more on the net:

Acesulfame K
Acesulfame Potassium (K) was approved for use by the FDA as a safe artificial sweetener in July, l988. It is a derivative of acetoacetic acid. Unfortunately, several potential problems associated with the use of acesulfame have been raised. They are based largely on animal studies since testing on humans remains limited. The findings showed the following:
Acesulfame K stimulates insulin secretion in a dose dependent fashion thereby possibly aggravating reactive hypoglycemia ("low blood sugar attacks").
Acesulfame K apparently produced lung tumors, breast tumors, rare types of tumors of other organs (such as the thymus gland), several forms of leukemia and chronic respiratory disease in several rodent studies, even when less than maximum doses were given. According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, it was petitioned on August 29, l988 for a stay of approval by the FDA because of "significant doubt" about its safety.
Dr. H.J. Roberts, Aspartame (NutraSweet) Is It Safe?, Charles Press, page 283/84.

Re: Aspartam & Acesulfame K

I missed your post and have just know found it. I am so sorry. Thank you for this information, and yes, you are spot-on. Ace-K, sucralose, aspartame, neotame - they are all toxic chemicals so unnatural, it is hard to believe humans actually eat this stuff. When you think about it - it's nuts! We'll look back at this time in human history and really see how stupid we have acted - and all for money!

The words you wrote and posted on this blog is nothing less than magical. It truly gave me a new vigor and approach. Please keep posting more like these.

Regards.

Thanks. Take what we do and help others with it.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. It is quite concerning how this is being used even with the results it has shown on lab rats. I generally don't use sweeteners, although I can't say I haven't eaten any before because most jar foods and things like that contain sugar which I'm sure is probably derived from sweeteners. I agree with drjshull completely.

May

Last edited by Maylee33 (11-27-2011 6:21 pm)

Maylee33 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this information with us. It is quite concerning how this is being used even with the results it has shown on lab rats. I generally don't use sweeteners, although I can't say I haven't eaten any before because most jar foods and things like that contain sugar which I'm sure is probably derived from sweeteners. I agree with drjshull completely.

May

Yeah they put sugar in pretty much everything these days, although it is not natural sugar but all this synthetic stuff

Yes, they do. So, choose foods with little to no added sugars. There are natural foods, raw foods, and unaltered foods out there. Select those as opposed to highly manufactured foods with all kinds of things added to it. Then, if you cut your sugar intake, when you do get into a product with added sugars, it will not impact you as greatly.