Topic: Aspartame and Infertility

I just wanted to post about my experience with infertility that may be connected to Aspartame.   My DH and I went to a fertility clinic a little over 3 years ago.  We scheduled to do a IUI (Intra-uterine insemination).   Due to a pregnancy loss with my ex, they didn't test my DH's sperm until the day we did the IUI.  On that day, they discovered that my DH's sperm was extremely low - between 3 and 5 million.   He should have had at least 20 million, so this was bad news.  Fertility clinics don't recommend the IUI if the sperm count is below 10 million.  Miraculously, we did conceive and had our son. 
However; later we read an article about Aspartame and low sperm counts.  Since that time, my DH has stopped drinking diet sodas.  We have been pregnant twice since that time without fertility treatments.  I attribute that to the fact that he stopped drinking diet colas.  Unfortunately I miscarried both times.  I just want people to be aware of this if they are struggling with fertility issues.

Re: Aspartame and Infertility

spccounselor - I'm following up on your situation. Any progress to share?