Topic: splenda is literally killing me

i am a 58yo male diabetic type II, over the last 4 years i have suffered excruciating bouts of diahrea, joint pain, mental problems,balance, neuropathy, double vision, a long list that goes on and on. i have been using splenda and other sugar free additives since diagnosed. i was forced to retire with a medical last year and 4 months ago they removed my gallbladder hoping to fix some of the problems. it did not.
    i stumbled upon this site by accident and i read a few post....the light came on!!! i quit immediately and the bowel problems are getting better by the day. the pain in my right side is geti=ting tolerable. please tell me how i can get this poison out of me. i am desperate to be semi normal again.
  also,i have a lot of blistered skin spots that turn into crusty like flat spots that never go away. any connection?

Last edited by jimmyd (07-15-2011 1:38 am)

Re: splenda is literally killing me

well richard, explain to me why i got sick while using it and became well when i quit??? if i so much as accidentally use any of those alternative sugars, i get ill...i'm waiting.

i don't use anything to sweeten . i abstain and feel great. seems as though you  are pushing for the chemical companies. i have no axe to grind. i just have life to live. my diabetes is a lot better,no spikes. my neuropathy is better. no diahrea. so explain that richard that has no credentials..???

this is where other board members chime in and help.

Jimmy I commend you on your personal research and having found this forum.  You will find many here that have suffered with problems after succumbing to the use of the many artificial sweeteners, including Splenda.  By doing your own research you will be not only saving money by not going to one doctor after another to only be told to take this prescription or that prescription.  Your forum entry reads like you have already found your “culprit” in some of your health issues.  I am also proud with your reply to Richard, I agree with you on his staunch opinion of Splenda, what is his connection.  It seems to me, right off, that he is only submitting rhetoric on this forum to place doubt on Dr. Hull, (why).

Continue your research on this, one of many, FDA approved “food chemicals” that is doing nothing for this world’s health.  You will find many here that support your quest for good health.  Best wishes on your quest.

PatB

jimmyd - I banned the jerks who have an opinion on this that focus on me, personally. I really have NO PATIENCE for judgmental people. jimmyd, I AM a toxicologist, and if my degrees from UT Austin and Texas A&M don't seem legitimate to the naysayers and no-it-all's in the world, then they can go to another forum that feeds on negativity. In essence, they are putting you down, too when they tell you that what you have experienced is wrong. I give you credit for being on top of your game. Thanks, PatB, for the nice post. You definitely know that I know what I'm doing.

jimmyd, the amount of chlorine and the type of chlorine in Splenda is toxic to human health. We all question the chlorine added to public drinking water, so it is smart to question the chlorine that makes up 75% of Splenda. Whenever health issues arise and these diet chemicals are used, always remove them. If your health symptoms disappear, or at the very least lessen, then no one has the right to tell you that you are wrong. No one knows your body better than you do, and you can judge for yourself if these toxic chemicals are adversely affecting your health.

The sad thing about issues like this is the fact that people get hateful and grossly judgmental when someone criticizes their safety. And why? It always has to do with money. My guess is these jerks (that I banned) have no common sense, love or kindness, and are merely drones working for these big corporations selling this junk.

I have no patience for people like that, and I really do feel sorry for them.

o.m.g !!! reading jimmyd"s report was like reading my own !!! i am a 55 year old female and have been so sick my ex boyfriend thought i was going to die !! i am serious, the pain in my body was so bad i couldnt even sleep! diarrhea,headaches,cant sleep, impatient,ringing in my ears,dizziness,blood in the diarrhea,had my gall bladder removed,pain all over my body, its horrible! i work a physically demanding job that involves walking an average of 5 miles a night and a lot of lifting and i am in shape, im 5'2" tall and weigh 123.2 lbs, i have type II dibetes and keep my blood sugar under control ( between 110-130 ) and i still feel terrible..the main complaint being body pain, and constant everyday headaches and the diarrhea! i am sick of being sick !!! im glad i found this web site!!!!! i am going to try and not drink anything or eat anything w this poison in it!!! if people only knew !!!

oh...duh !! i was refering to aspertame !!! being a diabetic i drink diet drinks, a lot !!!!!

Well, they market heavily to diabetics - this keeps you coming back. There are many alternatives for diabetics. Stevia for one. Simply don't add any extra sweetness to your food or drinks, and eat raw sugar in small amounts like diabetics did 50 years ago. Watch your simple carbs and fats, too. And exercise.