Topic: day 14 :S

Day 14 of aspartame withdrawal and i am feeling very weak.For the past few days i have been absolutely exhausted, extremely fatigued. Is the weakness normal? Its not so much muscle weakness, its just like my body is so overly tired. Im not sure if the lightheadedness is actual lightheadedness, or just the fact that i feel so tired. My appetite has come back, which im happy with smile Although it has been odd. Im very hungry most of the time, but last night i was starving and even though i ate a full dinner and a bowl of fruit for desert i was still really hungry. Is this also normal?? The anxiety has greatly improved, dont get as stressed out anymore. My eyes and ears have been very sensitive lately, especially my ears. I also have the buzzing sad Not many headaches, flu symptoms have returned worse than before. Lets hope i see real improvements in the next couple of days tongue Im just also curious if aspartame can cover up deficiencies in your body. Cause i've had blood tests and wasnt deficient in anything, but should i get blood tests again?? I have been taking multivitamins and multiminerals, so i should be all good right?
Thankyou for your help smile

Re: day 14 :S

How exciting! You are well on your way to "getting clean". See now how utterly addictive this poison is? In case you didn't understand about addiction, your body adapts to any drug by suppressing its own sensations. Then when you quit cold turkey, those sensations surface and seem abnormal. For example heroin is a pain killer, so when you quit heroin your body "invents pain" as part of the reawakening process. But heroin is a downer, a drowsy drug. Aspartame is the opposite, an upper. Having quit Aspartame®, the fatigue you feel is normal. If you are young, eating normally, and otherwise healthy, you shouldn't need any vitamins or minerals. Except for maybe B12, which seems to be important for nerves. Give the detox a few months before you evauate your health, don't become a hypochondriac over this. Also, sweating would probably help speed up the detox and make you feel more energetic.

And keep us posted on your progress, its interesting because you are such an extreme case.

Today marks day 16, sleeping better than i had been which is a plus. Not quite back to my old sleeping habits quite yet. I have a crappy headache today, my neck feels weak and my head heavy. Feels like lots of effort to keep my head up. Anxiety is definetly improving. Seen many signs of detoxing in the past few days. Flu symptoms have been getting worse, chest feels icky and congested but thats a good thing cause it means my body is releasing the toxins. Had all the others, yucky breath, itchy skin. My lightheadedness seems now to just be from the bad fatigue - intead of the dizzy feeling its ow more of a 'havent slept in a week' lightheadedness. The tiredness is bad. Struggle to get up off the lounge to do much, but have been walking still. Even though im struggling im happy cause it means my body is finally ridding itself of the toxins and i am that much closer to being myself again big_smile
So, i will keep updating every few days or so, just to let people know how im going. And hopefully to give hope to others, that it does work and you will feel much better after the initial struggle smile

Teejay22, sounds like your are detoxing with great success.  With all the symptoms you relate you are getting clean with each passing day.  As Dr. Hull mentions often detoxing comes off in layers and with each layer coming off will be new or different feelings/symptoms.  The itchy skin, fatigue, “yucky breath” along with all the flu symptoms, each will disappear.  The way you describe yourself you will be running like crazy by year’s end and then you will have a real good reason for the fatigue.

Keep up the good work and have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

PatB

So, thought i'd update u guys on my progress. Today marks day 19 of no aspartame. I am feeling very sluggish, tired, my ear aches, have some headaches, my neck feels weak and the flu symptoms are still lingering. But my mood is lifting significantly. My anxiety is getting better, much better. Most of all i am seeing improvement which gives me lots of hope that i will fully recover. Dont care how long it takes, i have a year to spare to focus on my health before going to university smile I have brought up the subject with my herbalist, psychologist and chiropractor and they all agree that the aspartame is either the root of all my issues or has greatly attributed to it. I am also embarking on another quest soon - a diet !!! My parents have recently taken part in a diet (through my herbalist) called the 'Fat Liberation Diet' which is similar to the HCG diet, but its a herbal version with no yucky stuff . I have begun a 2 week detox before the 500 calorie diet begins. What i am most happy about is that this diet is so strict that all the yucky toxins in my body will leave finally, and if there are any other toxins making me worse they will go, and i will be sooo much better big_smile Im not worried about the strict diet, i dont care as long as i get better. The drops you take on the diet make your body use the stored fat for energy, so you are burning fat and your appetite stays at bay big_smile So far all the others who have done this diet have seen tremendous results, loosing sometimes a kilo a day big_smile And good thing is it trains your body to use the fat, so after stopping the drops your body continues to melt away the fat big_smile I am also seeing a herbalist, who has put me on herbal drops for everything - my liver, stomach, lungs, anxiety, brain, lots of stuff. Finally things are really looking up big_smile