Topic: Looking for help!

I am in a desperate search for answers for my step sister.  She has basically given up on herself and Doctors! 

Her problems all started the day she quit drinking Diet Coke.  Her heart started racing and she wound up going to the ER.  She has been to the ER numerous times from the anxiety.  Since then she has been put on high blood pressure medicine, anti anxiety medicine and been told she has a hiatel hernia and reflux.  Heart tests have shown her heart is fine-according to Doctors.  They have basically told her to lose weight and it's all in her head and take a bunch of pills.  She is to the point she can't work nor even get out of her massage chair due to the anxiety.  She didn't seem to have any health issues until she quit drinking the pop last summer.  So by now-the aspartame should be out of her system.  I don't know if there is any link between the two or not but I'm just trying to find help for her because I think she has given up.  Has anybody had anything similar or are there any specific tests she can take?  I would think by now she would be starting to feel better, but she seems to keep getting worse.  I would appreciate any help!!!

Re: Looking for help!

Alot of people have found that their symptoms dont fully go away until they do a proper detox. Your sister needs to properly rid her body of toxins and also heal her body from the damaging effect the toxins had on it. I'd suggest following Dr Hull's detox program. Many other people have recorded their symptoms taking months, even upto a year to improve after giving it up. I'd also suggest she looks into a more natural route of healing. Maybe instead of going on pills the doctor gives her, some which can have detrimental effects on her body, seek out a natropath or herbalist who can use natural medicine to make her better. Im seeing a herbalist currently and am healing. Even though its a slower process, it is a permanent process. It permanently heals your body rather than hiding the issues. I too have been diagnosed with anxiety, and gastritis or possible peptic ulcers. I am getting better and feeling better smile Natropaths can also test for other things like food alergies, nutritional deficiencies, viruses, stuff like candida. Rather than putting it down to anxiety and treating illnesses, a natropath will treat the symptoms and aim to assist your body in healing. If you need to chat more, just let me know smile

I agree 100% with what you have said.  The problem is-convincing my step-sister of this!  She seems to think her Doctors know best and that eventually one of their pills will work.  She has already found that she took a short term drug long term and it has caused damage!  Her own Doctor told her that drinking a lifetime of Diet coke will not cause aspartame poisioning-but I have read different!  Anyways-I hope that with time she will get better and I will continue to work on trying to get her to try more holistic healing sources!!  Thanks for the info!!

If she is a bit sceptical, send her to this site and her views will change significantly. I know i was a bit at the beginning -  but i was so desperate i would try anything to fix the issues i am having. tongue Heres hoping she see's the benefits of healing naturally smile

I will try.  The only problem is that she has a great deal of anxiety and can't seem to really concentrate or focus for any amount of time and I don't know that she will sit down to take the time to read the info!  That is why I am trying to gather it for her and educate her.  She also seems to hold her Dr.'s up too high in my opinion!

Ah, teejay22, thanks for the perfect post to homzie. And, homzie, YOU certainly get what's going on, so can you not mentor your sister?

I agree that something else is going on inside of her body. Stopping all diet use was a good move, but merely one step in her journey. She either has other toxins present that she has yet to eliminate, or her body nutrients are so depleted from a chemical diet (and now currents meds), she is not continuing to move ahead on her path to health. If she is stressing over this, she needs to learn some spiritual lessons of strength, faith and awareness to what's inevitably ahead; albeit, unknown to her right now. This is a journey, no doubt, and she needs to keep moving forward.

That said, she must realize this on her own. Give her all the tools and support she needs to use those tools, but she is the one that has to use them. Remember the saying: you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

Please keep us posted.

Trust me, a few months ago i was exactly that. I wasnt able to watch the shows i love, listen to the music i love, even struggled to sit still my anxiety was that bad. I guess the difference is that i was so anxious, and wanted to fix it that i spent my whole day researching possible causes. And thats how i came about this. Just tell her that it may seem hard, but she needs to trust these judgements. Going on pills is just gunna hide the symptoms if anything, they may not even do much if her issue is simply due to something like aspartame. I was put on meds to settle my stomach acid. They helped, but i want to be free of it rather than taking pills to make it seem better. And its working for me. Sure its hard, the past week has been the hardest (i've just started a diet similar to HCG but its a herbal version through my herbalist) and that has made the withdrawal symptoms ramp up since im giving up everything except for natural meats, fruit and veges. But i dont care how hard it is cause i know its whats best for me in the long run. I can deal with a few weeks of things getting worse if it means after that period i can live my life again smile

Also, something else that may help with the anxiety -  purchase some rescue remedy from a health food store. If she takes that 3 times a day it does help smile Also peppermint tea is good. Maybe also think of getting her involved in a support group, thats something that really has helped me. Talking, or in some cases reading about people who have or still are going through what i have. Its a peace of mind thing i guess tongue
Ohh and try Vitamin B supplements, and vitamin C. or maybe give St Johns Wort a go??? The whole reason why she is over anxious could simply be from a b vitamin deficiency smile

Have her do the hair analysis with Dr. Hull. That will fine-tune her even more. The vitamins you listed are good ones for anyone to take daily. But, she might need something not as common, like lithium or germanium. I was low in these minerals that are not commonly talked about, and just replacing those helped me recover more quickly.