Topic: just wanted to help....

im putting this message out because most of my family and friends  are abusing aspartame like its no tomottorw. i know no matter what i say it will make no difference to them but i will continue to pray and educate those who want to learn. my main concern was my family since i always heard "it runs in the family so you might get it to"......im very healthy and changed my diet almost 12 years ago. no beef, pork or chicken just turkey products and seafood plus fruits and veggies. i just recently educated my best friends mom and told her the effects of aspartame. shes a borderline dieabetic and all i wanted to do is help her out she did just that...she helped herself by getting rid of the sugar free items and was asking me to check out what has aspartame in it and not have it in it. i try to stay away from the apsartame and anything else that will harm me and cause me to have several problems. i know some people like to see or see someone with a very serious condition before they make a move on there lives and then you have those who say "well i'm gone die some day"....its upsetting to hear that and i look very young for my age and ALOT of my friends look very old (no offense to anyone i know and dont know).just trying to help thats all....i pray that the media or someone famous puts aspartame on blast and make people realize how serious it is to get off it....its like and drug addiction only if you use reverse phsycology it will help...trust me i did it with my girlfriend and she has been off cigs going on 4 years now....

Re: just wanted to help....

You mentioned some really good points, and I think this is an excellent post.

1:"it runs in the family so you might get it to" - good point here. Genetics may be something to consider but it is a cop out and used far too much as a way to say "we don't know what's wrong with you, so it's inherited and you're doomed."  NO!!!!!  If you do have a genetic predisposition - OK....it's a weakness that you need to strengthen. It is NOT a death sentence. So many people give up, and boy, does that weakness then get weaker, and guess what? That IS a death sentence.....so, strengthen the weaknesses, and get stronger.

2: "well i'm gone die some day" - another good point. People use this as a serious cop out. This is laziness and apathy. Another death sentence.

3: "i pray that the media or someone famous puts aspartame on blast" - third good point. People don't listen unless someone "famous" says so. Our society has become sheep, and we have stopped thinking for ourselves and respecting the average, brilliant person. Famous people can actually be dumber than dirt - just lucky or persistent. But, because they are famous, we listen to them, right or wrong. Sad, huh?? But, I agree, if someone famous comes out against aspartame, that will help. Suzanne Somers has sort of come out against the diet chemicals, yet she still dances around the issue. I wonder if the rich and famous are threatened with a bogus lawsuit? Probably.